Listen To This Article - A Short Ad Pays For This Service
Updated on by
The SCARS Victims’ Assistance & Support Model
SCARS Is The Only Crime Victims’ Assistance Organization With A Focus On Cybercrime Victims, And The Only One With Proven Recovery Solutions For Scam Victims.
All of our groups are pieces of a larger puzzle.
They are the funnel that can lead victims to support and assistance, but not everyone is ready for a real support group – they need to learn and work through issues before they are ready.
- STAGE 1: We start with our RomanceScamsNow.com website & main Facebook pages – this is the entry point to scam victims assistance
- STAGE 2: Our Educational Groups on Facebook are the next stage – these are a light version of support mixed with scam knowledge and avoidance education. They introduce support concepts and providing generalized support to victims at all stages and genders
- STAGE 3: Exposure & Reporting groups on Facebook allow victims to work out anger and feel in control – but it does not work for careless victims. It requires attention to detail, and may be more traumatic for some victims – most victims will skip this stage
- STAGE 4: Support Groups on Facebook – allow victims to recover in the support group setting – we require that all victims go through our Educational Groups prior to entering a Victims Peer to Peer group – this allows our staff to evaluate each person for the readiness and suitability for a support group
- STAGE 4A: We also have a Family support group for friends and family members – again all members must go through the Educational groups first
- STAGE 5: Lastly we also have confidential support through the messenger interface on our main SCARS Facebook Page. This is a crisis intervention stage and where we identify at-risk victims for supplemental assistance
- In addition, we offer email support – but this is low urgency – questions can be asked by people not using the websites or Facebook
- We also offer the SCARS STEPS individual self-paced recovery program on our website for those that want to go it alone
- Plus, we have the largest romance scam related library on our RomanceScamsNow.com website as well, for self-paced learning for victims at any stage
This is the SCARS overall support model
PLEASE SHARE OUR ARTICLES WITH YOUR CONTACTS
HELP OTHERS STAY SAFE ONLINE
A SCARS Division
Miami Florida U.S.A.
TAGS: SCARS, Important Article, Information About Scams, Anti-Scam, Scam Victims Assistance, Scam Victims Support, SCARS Support Model,