Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams SCARS - Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Inc.
A government registered crime victims' assistance & crime prevention nonprofit organization based in Miami, Florida, U.S.A. SCARS supports the victims of scams worldwide and through its partners in more than 60 countries around the world. Incorporated in 2015, its team has 30 years of continuous experience educating and supporting scam victims.
Date: July 7, 2021
Author: SCARS Management
Type: SCARS Operational Policy
Status: Approved by the SCARS Board of Directors
This policy applies to the following websites:
- Anyscam.com ***
- SCARS Facebook Pages **
- SCARS Facebook Groups **
- Other Social Media **
- Other SCARS Owned Websites
SCARS maintains an ongoing commitment to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Accordingly, any personally identifiable information provided by you to us when you use our websites shall be used in accordance with the conditions outlined in this policy/agreement.
SCARS may change this policy periodically by updating this policy/agreement. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you continue to agree with the terms of this policy/agreement.
Information We Collect
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the SCARS Websites. While using SCARS websites, you may have the opportunity to register for services, order products, make comments, send communications, submit membership requests, and make requests. Accordingly, depending on the process, you may be asked to provide the following types of Personally Identifiable Information:
- Postal Address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Demographic information
- Location information (Geographic & IP Address Geolocation is the utilization of a device IP address, along with other device signals, to determine geographical location.
An Internet Protocol address (IP address) is a numerical label such as 192.0.2.1 that is connected to a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication. An IP address serves two main functions: host or network interface identification and location addressing. An IP Address can be used to locate a physical computer's location.)
- Other information for memberships, volunteering, and other online applications Applications or Apps
An application (software), commonly referred to as an ‘app’ is a program on a computer, tablet, mobile phone or device. Apps are designed for specific tasks, including checking the weather, accessing the internet, looking at photos, playing media, mobile banking, etc.
Many apps can access the internet if needed and can be downloaded (used) either for a price or for free.
Apps are a major point of vulnerability on all devices. Some are designed to be malicious, such as logging keystrokes or activity, and others can even transport malware.
Always be careful about any app you are thinking about installing.
- Additional information written and uploaded by the site visitor, including images uploaded
We may also retain the details of registrations for online, classroom, webinar, or other training programs offered by SCARS
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
SCARS takes your privacy very seriously. Accordingly, we agree that we will only use the information you provide for the specific purposes identified, and for general use associated with:
- to effectuate a registration or application made by you;
- to effectuate criminal A criminal is any person who through a decision or act engages in a crime. This can be complicated, as many people break laws unknowingly, however, in our context, it is a person who makes a decision to engage in unlawful acts or to place themselves with others who do this. A criminal always has the ability to decide not to break the law, or if they initially engage in crime to stop doing it, but instead continues. reports made by you;
- to evaluate applications for membership and/or volunteering;
- to provide access to private websites or social media;
- to provide tailored victims’ assistance services that SCARS provides;
- to fulfill your requests for services;
- to improve the content and overall look and feel of our Website and Services;
- to transact purchases of products provided through the SCARS Fundraising (Company) Store;
- and to contact you, conduct research, and provide reporting for internal and external relationships, when necessary
We agree that we will not share, sell, rent or otherwise distribute your Personally Identifiable Information with outside parties, except to provide products or services you’ve requested through us, including sharing your Personally Identifiable Information with instructors, speakers, and our partners who assist in providing any products or services you’ve registered to receive; or in response to a validly-issued subpoena, court order, or other legal process, or when necessary to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims made by you or on your behalf.
From time to time, we may employ the use of return email addresses to answer the email we receive from you, and send newsletters and other notices that you have agreed to receive. You may revoke that authorization at any time (see the notification for a unsubscribe or cancel function.)
Finally, we agree that we will never use