2023 Reporting Scams Tips:
Report to your Local Police or national police cybercrime unit first since they are your First Responders. After that, you should report to Anyscam.com & the U.S. FTC (they forward to the FBI)
Before filling in your report remember three things:
- Every REPORT MATTERS – even if it is not investigated!
- Law Enforcement is better than ever at recovering money! Always report to the local police!
- These are official crime reports and are governed by the laws of the country involved.
- Watch this video for how best to tell your story to the police – VIDEO
- Prepare your information in advance before reporting – view our Scam Victim’s Checklist here
♦ NEVER REPORT YOUR CRIME TO ANY PRIVATE FOR-PROFIT COMPANY – THEY ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN EXPLOITING YOU
Updates & Corrections
- Please tell us of any updates or errors in a comment below
- Also, tell us about entities we should add and how to find them online
Reporting Scams is important since it tells your government about how bad this situation is! Reporting scams also allows you to take control back from the criminals – you are telling them and yourself who is now in control! It also helps you to declare your innocence if it becomes important later on.