By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws, and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Some third-party copyrighted content is presented under fair-use provisions of the United States and International Copyright Law as evidence of their use in unlawful activities as a record of their use and a mechanism for reporting the same to law enforcement authorities throughout the world.
Some content may also be reported to third-party chain of trust repositories for retention and access by international law enforcement.
These terms also apply, as applicable to our social media profiles, pages, groups, and in other forms.
- All information, products, and content on this website are provided “as is”. Romance Scams A Scam is a confidence trick - a crime - is an attempt to defraud a person or group after first gaining their trust through deception. Scams or confidence tricks exploit victims using their credulity, naïveté, compassion, vanity, irresponsibility, or greed and exploiting that. Researchers have defined confidence tricks as "a distinctive species of fraudulent conduct ... intending to further voluntary exchanges that are not mutually beneficial", as they "benefit con operators ('con men' - criminals) at the expense of their victims (the 'marks')". A scam is a crime even if no money was lost. Now™, its parent company (Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Inc. [SCARS]), affiliates, officers, and staff, makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Romance Scams Now, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the information, products, and content on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on this Romance Scams Now™ Internet site, even if Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, or a Romance Scams Now™ authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
4. Revisions and Errata
The materials, content, images, etc. appearing on Romance Scams Now™ web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials even if requested.
If you believe or suspect that anything on this website is in error, you must report it to us immediately via a comment or email to firstname.lastname@example.org If you fail to report an error you are accepting that content as valid or factual, and are waiving your legal rights associated to it.
Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, of another site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk. In no case, unless previously stated, is Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, responsible for any separate Third-party Terms and Conditions, Purchase, Return, or Refund policies.
7. Additional Terms
On this site may be links for the purpose of obtaining donations for activities or causes associated with this website, Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff. All donations made are subject to the following terms:
- Romance Scams Now™ at no time asks for any money to perform services to recover monies on behalf of a victim of fraud In law, fraud is intentional deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain (money or other assets), or to deprive a victim of a legal right. Fraud can violate civil law (e.g., a fraud victim may sue the fraud perpetrator to avoid the fraud or recover monetary compensation) or criminal law (e.g., a fraud perpetrator may be prosecuted and imprisoned by governmental authorities), or it may cause no loss of money, property, or legal right but still be an element of another civil or criminal wrong. The purpose of fraud may be monetary gain or other benefits, for example by obtaining a passport, travel document, or driver's license, or mortgage fraud, where the perpetrator may attempt to qualify for a mortgage by way of false statements.
A fraud can also be a hoax, which is a distinct concept that involves deliberate deception without the intention of gain or of materially damaging or depriving a victim..
- Romance Scams Now™ does not offer paid investigative services on behalf of victims of fraud.
- Donations or grants or awards may be accepted without any promise of specific performance on the part of Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, and no person is authorized to extend any specific commitment or agreement of performance without the authority of its parent company officer