By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws, and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Some third-party copyrighted content is presented under fair-use provisions of the United States and International Copyright Law as evidence of their use in unlawful activities as a record of their use and a mechanism for reporting the same to law enforcement authorities throughout the world.
Some content may also be reported to third-party chain of trust repositories for retention and access by international law enforcement.
These terms also apply, as applicable to our social media profiles, pages, groups, and in other forms.
- All information, products, and content on this website are provided “as is”. Romance Scams Now™, its parent company (Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Inc. [SCARS]), affiliates, officers, and staff, makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Romance Scams Now, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the information, products, and content on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on this Romance Scams Now™ Internet site, even if Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, or a Romance Scams Now™ authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
4. Revisions and Errata
The materials, content, images, etc. appearing on Romance Scams Now™ web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials even if requested.
If you believe or suspect that anything on this website is in error, you must report it to us immediately via a comment or email to email@example.com If you fail to report an error you are accepting that content as valid or factual, and are waiving your legal rights associated to it.
Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, of another site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk. In no case, unless previously stated, is Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, responsible for any separate Third-party Terms and Conditions, Purchase, Return, or Refund policies.
7. Additional Terms
On this site may be links for the purpose of obtaining donations for activities or causes associated with this website, Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff. All donations made are subject to the following terms:
- Romance Scams Now™ at no time asks for any money to perform services to recover monies on behalf of a victim of fraud.
- Romance Scams Now™ does not offer paid investigative services on behalf of victims of fraud.
- Donations or grants or awards may be accepted without any promise of specific performance on the part of Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, and no person is authorized to extend any specific commitment or agreement of performance without the authority of its parent company officers or board of directors.
- Romance Scams Now™ is a division of Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Inc. [SCARS] and is operated and funded for the sole purpose of communicating information relating to the subject matter without charge or fee, but it is not registered as a nonprofit corporation.
- Donations can only be accepted by the person authorized to make the donation.
- There are no refunds made on a donation, except in the event of fraud, where proof of such fraudulent use has been provided.
- Any donations are taken and processed by a Third-party service with separate Terms and Conditions, and Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, are not responsible for any separate Third-party Terms and Conditions
- Your donation will be used to support the activity stated, but that may also include funding other activities that could result in freeing resources that might otherwise not be available for the activity.
- Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, shall make a good faith effort to utilize donated funds for the purpose stated, however, at the sole discretion of Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, it may be decided that the donated funds may better be applied in another way to achieve the intended goals.
8. Purchases, Returns, and Refunds
No products are actually sold on this website. However, there are/or may be links and banners to Third-party services. In no case, unless previously stated, is Romance Scams Now™, its parent company, affiliates, officers, and staff, responsible for any separate Third-party Terms and Conditions, Purchase, Return, or Refund policies.
9. Comment Policy
You are welcome to comment. We like comment threads with a wide range of thoughts and opinions, and we take what we feel is well-justified pride in the general high quality of the comment threads on the Romance Scams Now™ website. We do take a light-hand at comment moderation, and thanks to excellent commentators, we are usually able to do just that.
If you feel a comment is not appropriate or engages in defamation, hate or hostile speech, commercial messaging or spam, or is a treat of any kind, you must report it immediately. We will periodically review comments for appropriateness, but we cannot investigate claims made, and accept no responsibility for them. To report an inappropriate or inaccurate comment, you may leave a reply to the comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
That said, you have no right to free speech on this site. This is our website, meaning it is private property. We reserve the right to edit all comments and to moderate all comment threads, as we see fit. Your comment is more likely to be edited, moderated or deleted if it contains phobic content (based on race, sex, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, etc), is a personal attack or threat toward another commenter, is entirely unrelated to the page or post topic, features more than a “fair use” amount of someone else’s copyrighted work, has such poor grammar and spelling that it detracts from the website quality, is an attempt at self aggrandizement, or if we find it or you are over-commenting. If you do not accept these terms do not comment on our website.
A good rule of thumb is to comment as if the person to whom you are commenting is standing in front of you, and excellent legal representation. You may be legally liable for the comments you post, and Romance Scams Now™ accepts no responsibility nor will indemnify you for any comments you make.
During comment moderation, we will sometimes tell commenters to “move on.” That means they should not comment further in that particular thread. Subsequent posts in the thread by those people will likely be deleted and may result in them being banned from the website permanently. They may comment in other threads, but in such cases will be monitored for acceptable behavior. We are the sole decision maker of appropriate comments and on what is acceptable behavior.
Persistent abuse of commenting will result in being banned from our website and/or denial of access to our services.
If your comment does not appear immediately, it is because all comments require a review, though this review does not determine the accuracy of the comment, only if it is appropriate for the placement of the website. If we do not publish a comment, it is at our sole discretion. There is no appeal process, though you may contact us by email regarding any issue.
At our option, and for purely arbitrary reasons, we may reply to a comment or participate in comment threads. We respond to tone as well as the content. If you are abusive or engaging in a waste of our minimal available time, we may respond in kind. If you are offended by our comments, you have the option not to comment in the future, and or leave our website. We do not apologize for our comments and offer no warranties or commitments of any kind regarding our replies.
With the exception of comments moderated or deleted for the reasons noted above, we do not delete comments. However, we do routinely remove links or other information put into a comment that we would not otherwise delete for moderating purposes.
10. Additional Limitations
The Romance Scams Now™ website is published by Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Inc. [SCARS].
Note that Romance Scams Now™ was previously a unit of PerfectReputations® LLC., a WebFossil® company and acquired by Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Inc. [SCARS] in 2017.