The RSN Steps™ – Scam Victim Free Self-Help Recovery Program
Copyright © 2016-2018 Society of Citizens Against Romance Scams Inc.
A Free 8 Step Program For Self-Help Recovery From Online Fraud
The SCARS™ / Romance Scams Now™ Road Map To Self-Recovery For Scam Victims.
Note: This is not a medically approved program, but an emotional support program intended for educational purposes only. Please read the disclaimer at the end.
This program was designed by the staff of the Society of Citizens Against Romance Scams [SCARS] in concert with a leading University based upon our 27 years of experience as a self-help program to assist in the recovery process for those that do not have other means or resources available to them, or for those that are not ready to take the first step to seeking counseling or therapy.
Please Know That We Do Also Have Several Online Crime Victims’ Assistance & Support Groups Available On Facebook:
Here is a list of just some of our groups that are accepting new members:
- Women’s Scam Victims Support Group
- Men’s Scam Victims Support Group
- Elderly Scam Victims’ Support Group – Mixed Gender
- Teen Victims Of Online Scams Support Group (Ages 13 to 23)
- Victims’ Of Fake Military Scams Support Group
- Victims Of Online Impersonation Support Group – Stolen Photos & IDs
- Spanish Language Victims’ Support Group
- Portuguese/Brazilian Language Victims’ Support Group
- Friends & Family Support Group for Victim’s Friends & Families
- Support Group for those that got caught up being a Money Mule (only – not for regular romance scam victims)
- We Also Have A Facebook Group For Our Steps Program
- Police & Law Enforcement Training & Support Group
TO JOIN ANY OF THESE GROUP YOU MUST ANSWER THE QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS WHEN YOU ASK TO JOIN.
After the trauma of being scammed, you need to take steps to recover and move on. This may be an alternative in the short-term, but we still encourage you to seek out professional help.
Where Did This Come From:
We have patterned our program after the very successful Alcoholics Anonymous 12 step program.
Alcoholics Anonymous members often talk about “working the steps.” During this process, members of the AA group move through each of the steps to achieve sobriety and recovery.
In AA, participants are encouraged to pair up with a sponsor to work through the steps. The sponsor is a member who is further along in the program and acts as a guide through the steps for newer members. Sponsors provide individual care and support throughout recovery, even making themselves available outside meetings via phone. In the face of a potential relapse, a person can call his or her sponsor.
In the RSN Steps Program, we do not have Sponsors, however, participants are supported through our online social media support groups on Facebook by the peer members of these groups. Group members may, at their option (though it is not encouraged) connect personally with each other to offer greater support. Though we do recommend that scam victims also seek health professional counseling to better assess their needs and develop a professional mental and physical health program.
This is certainly a really STRONG program. I am sure that it will help to start a recovery for a person who is lost in the throws of understanding the scam he/she is involved in.
I have written a book called ‘Love on the Line’ and through that experience of writing out my story, learning to understand the relationships between the world we live in and the scamming phenomena and believing in that we now can re-create our own ‘happy ending’ with no blame or self-beating involved, we can start the long recovery process. I think that it is a lot about forgiving yourself also. [Click Here for the book]
Thank you for the program. I will share it around, Warmly
Elina Juusola, Author
May 8, 2016
Continue Reading » Click Page 2
Return To The Beginning » Click Page 1
Latest posts by SCARS|RSN Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- Start Fighting Back Smart – SCARS|RSN™ TAKE ACTION - March 24, 2019
- Phone Scammers Steal $22,500 From 80-Year-Old Tenafly Woman – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 24, 2019
- As AI Increases Its Creative Capabilities Scams Are The Inevitable Outcome – SCARS|RSN™ DEEPFAKE NEWS - March 24, 2019
- 4 Nigerians Arrested In Italy For Human Trafficking – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 24, 2019
- Revealed That Bank Scam Cases Double In Just One Year As Conmen Trick 84,000 Savers Into Handing Over £350Million – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 23, 2019