IS ONE OF THE COMMON CHARACTERISTICS OF ROMANCE SCAMMERS
The African & Russian Schools of Scamming have a similar characteristic, they are working huge numbers of prospect victims, and just don’t have time to waste.
When a victim that they have invested a large amount of time on, discovers that they are a scammers, and makes the mistake of accusing the scammerScammer A Scammer or Fraudster is someone that engages in deception to obtain money or achieve another objective. They are criminals that attempt to deceive a victim into sending more or performing some other activity that benefits the scammer., the scammer first tries to argue that they are not.
When the arguments and pleading do not work, then they turn mean and hostile/ The immediately attack the victim.
Why do they do this?
There is actually solid psychology in this. By attacking, they know that a percentage of victims will cave in, meaning they will do what the scammer asks. The victim will think that maybe they were really wrong, and they angered the scammer. This is not so different from “Battered Spouse SyndromeSyndrome It is a group of symptoms that can consistently occur together or a condition characterized by a set of associated symptoms.” – if the scammer sees that the victims gives in a little, they go back to all loving to get what they want. They will keep the victim on emotional highs and lows to get all they can.
HAVE DOUBTS = JUST WALK AWAY
When you have doubts about a person, and you see red flags, remember, just walk away.
There is no benefit in confronting the scammer. All you do is subject yourself to emotional abuse, cause yourself doubt, and make yourself vulnerable.
Plus, when you confront a scammer, you only make them a better scammer. You will give them the clues they need to improve. Is that what you want?
HERE IS WHAT YOU DO:
- Pay Attention – look for the red flags
- Ask questions, a lot of questions, and carefully review their answer or non-answers
- When you have doubts, collect information – everything you can – not about what they are saying (it doesn’t matter), but their contact details.
- Don’t worry about trying to find rock solid confirmation, it doesn’t matter. You have doubts – listen to your instincts.
- Report them to us so others will benefit from your identification: https://www.romancescamsnow.com/how-to-report-scammers-fraudsters/report-scammers-here/
Scammers may respond with threats. As long as YOU haven’t don’t anything REALLY stupid, you have nothing to fear. https://www.romancescamsnow.com/dating-scams/do-victims-fear-legal-risks/
Don’t try to find out WHY the real person is behind the fake persona – it doesn’t matter, you are just wasting your time and frustrating yourself in the process. Accept they are a scammer and move on. Would you do that in real life? If you met someone a couple of times in a bar, and find out that there are things wrong with that person, would you stalk them to find every little detail? We hope not – same here – just move on.
Also, it is very important, after a scammer encounter, especially one where you invested emotional energy – that you began to care – that you give yourself some time to get over the experience. Otherwise, a pattern of dependence can develop.
MORE INFORMATION – ANTI-SCAMMER TOOLBOX
For more information about the psychology of scamsPsychology Of Scams Psychology Of Scams is the study of the psychological or emotional effects of scams or financial fraud on victims of these crimes. It helps victims to better understand the impact of scams on them personally or on others. To find the SCARS articles on the Psychology of Scams, use the search option to enter the term and find them., here are some articles that may help you:
- Why Do We Believe Lies: https://www.romancescamsnow.com/dating-scams/why-we-believe-lies/
- The Compassionate Scammer: https://www.romancescamsnow.com/dating-scams/compassionate-scammers/
- Understanding the Narcissist Scammer: https://www.romancescamsnow.com/dating-scams/editorial-understanding-the-narcissist-scammer/
- Dating ScamsScams A Scam is a confidence trick - a crime - is an attempt to defraud a person or group after first gaining their trust through deception. Scams or confidence tricks exploit victims using their credulity, naïveté, compassion, vanity, irresponsibility, or greed and exploiting that. Researchers have defined confidence tricks as "a distinctive species of fraudulent conduct ... intending to further voluntary exchanges that are not mutually beneficial", as they "benefit con operators ('con men' - criminals) at the expense of their victims (the 'marks')". A scam is a crime even if no money was lost. & Addiction: https://www.romancescamsnow.com/dating-scams/dating-scams-and-addiction/
- Stubborn Men: https://www.romancescamsnow.com/dating-scams/deal-with-reality/
While we could provide endless catalogs of scammers, we believe it is better to help you UNDERSTAND scamming fundamentals. This is a skill set you can develop for yourself, instead of relying on others to save you.
BEST OF LUCK
Remember, there are real people out there. But if you are only finding scammers, then you know you are looking for the wrong things.
One place I have not seen mentioned and it may be a new way to scamScam A Scam is a confidence trick - a crime - is an attempt to defraud a person or group after first gaining their trust through deception. Scams or confidence tricks exploit victims using their credulity, naïveté, compassion, vanity, irresponsibility, or greed and exploiting that. Researchers have defined confidence tricks as "a distinctive species of fraudulent conduct ... intending to further voluntary exchanges that are not mutually beneficial", as they "benefit con operators ('con men' - criminals) at the expense of their victims (the 'marks')". A scam is a crime even if no money was lost.: On political FB posts, in the comments section, where many people leave comments! they will pick a name or answer back and forth with you about the political canidate etc and then ask you to Freind them on FB, so you can talk further.
Well after a few days of this, nd then talking about how Christian they are etc then is gets into the usual romance thing. and then eventually they will ask you for a small amounf of money. Or they had to take a business trip and their child in college needs something and since the scammerScammer A Scammer or Fraudster is someone that engages in deception to obtain money or achieve another objective. They are criminals that attempt to deceive a victim into sending more or performing some other activity that benefits the scammer. is overseas, his card won’t work. Oh and he sends several pictures of himself, they are all different. (Mostly likely, an innocent victim! Why would a scammer send a picture of himself. He does get you emotionaly involved first. Then very angry when you refuse the money and says it was a test to see about your trust in him. Then he apologized and doesn’t want the money. (Not that he was going to get it,) They want only moneygram or Western Union. Oh and they also it appears, set up a phony website, that is their business site, it is very elaborate. Several pages of things about the business. But none of the emails work on the pages. It even has some top associates pictured with emails. No way to contact the company. (Don’t foreget to check Better Business Bureau if in doubt);. they tell you to be sure and look at their website. They also seem to target Christian women with good beleifs. I guess they can tell that from your posts on the Politcal comments.
So I hope this helps someone, listen to your gut!!!
Thank you for the information. We reposted it to our main FB page to alert others! https://www.facebook.com/Romance-Scams-Now-534354516651756/