Updated on by
RSN™ Insight: The “Pig Pen” Syndrome
“Shit Happens” Is The Old Saying
Sometimes It Happens A Lot And Doesn’t Stop.
Did You Ever Think You Might Be The Cause?
Some people believe in the Karmic Wheel, but while that may influence luck on a long-term scale, it probably is not the cause.
The Cause Is What I Call The “Pig Pen Syndrome.”
“Pig-Pen” is a major male character in the Peanuts comic strip © by Charles M. Schulz. He is best known as the little boy with a cloud of dirt that constantly follows him.
So, do you always have a dark cloud over your head?
At least since you were scammed?
My Theory Is That It Is All Psychological!
When something bad happens, people tend to shut down, this means they stop avoiding risks, stop taking precautions, and stop their own positive mentality. This, in turn, tends to invite more problems due to the lack of avoidance, the lack of concern, the lack of care.
Decisions become much more emotional. Small events cause larger emotional reactions that ripple through your life, creating other larger waves, that create others and so on.
Each event is not dampened, but rather amplified, because your emotional state doesn’t see it as the isolated thing it is – instead it is all part of the “universe hates you.”
Events feel like they carry from one into another, instead of just being momentary problems to be solved and forgotten.
Eventually, your own emotional exhaustion tends to drain the possible reactions from your life, and you begin to separate them again, creating the opportunity for HOPE.
But HOPE is very infectious. It breeds. It is also intoxicating if you let it be. That is what caused the opportunity for the scam originally.
Hope is like the glass of wine you have at dinner – just one glass and you are feeling fine. Two glasses become three and four, and then you fall and break the glass and cut yourself.
Some people abuse hope and live in fantasies, using it like a drug. Most take one glass (ok, sometimes two) but know our limit. Some never learn this or forget this while in the control of the drug.
Once you have overdosed on hope (in other words let yourself be scammed), you need to understand the power of this drug. You need to recover and maintain your sobriety. You can have a glass, but YOU need to control yourself or you will again be the “Pig Pen” out on the street living a life of misery.
Or So Goes The Theory!
Tim McGuinness, Ph.D.
Founder & Chairman
Society of Citizens Against Romance Scams
Want to know more about Pig Pen?
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – END – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
WESTERN UNION REPAYMENT PROGRAM NEWS
FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION ABOUT THE WESTERN UNION REPAYMENT / REMISSION PROGRAM CLICK HERE – IT IS STILL OPEN FOR A PETITIONS FOR REPAYMENT
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Tell us about your experiences with Romance Scammers in our Scams Discussion Forum on Facebook »
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
FAQ: How Do You Properly Report Scammers?
It is essential that law enforcement knows about scams & scammers, even though there is nothing (in most cases) that they can do.
Always report scams involving money lost or where you received money to:
- Local Police – ask them to take an “informational” police report – say you need it for your insurance
- Your National Police or FBI (www.IC3.gov)
- The Scars Worldwide Reporting Network HERE or on www.Anyscam.com
This helps your government understand the problem, and allows law enforcement to add scammers on watch lists worldwide.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – — – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Visit our NEW Main RSN Facebook page for much more information about scams and online crime: www.facebook.com/RSN.Main.News.And.Inromation.Home.Page
To learn more about SCARS visit www.AgainstRomanceScams.org
Please be sure to report all scammers HERE or on www.Anyscam.com
All original content is Copyright © 1991 – 2018 SCARS All Rights Reserved Worldwide & Webwide – RSN/Romance Scams Now & SCARS/Society of Citizens Against Romance Scams are all trademarks of Society of Citizens Against Romance Scams Inc.
Reporting Scammers, Arrest Scammers, AVOID SCAMS, ROMANCE SCAMS, NIGERIAN SCAMMERS, ROMANCE SCAMS NOW, GHANA SCAMMERS, FAKE PROFILES, FACEBOOK SCAMMERS, BOYCOTT AFRICAN COFFEE
What SCARS|RSN Visitors Were Looking For
- gmail (32)
Latest posts by SCARS|RSN Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- State of Local Cybercrime / Internet Crime Laws & Legislation in the United States - June 16, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Real Victims’ Advocacy: Australian Romance Scam Victim Yoshe Taylor Freed From Cambodian Prison! - June 9, 2019
- Why Is The Case Of Mable Dulaney So Important To Other Victims? - June 8, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ ADVOCACY: Help Us Defend A 63 Year Old Elderly Scam Victim From Spending The Rest Of Her Life In Prison! [UPDATED June 15] - June 6, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Scam & Scamming News: Louisiana Woman Was A Nigerian Scammer’s Mule – Arrested For Money Laundering [UPDATED] - June 6, 2019