Listen To This Article - A Short Ad Pays For This Service
Warn Your Daughters Against Dating ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Senior Policeman Tells Parents
An Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP Abayomi Shogunle, has warned parents against allowing their daughters to date internet fraudsters infamously called ‘Yahoo Boys’.
The senior policeman said girlfriends of internet fraudsters inadvertently get caught up in the violence and charms associated with their boyfriends’ “illicit venture”, hence the warning.
Shogunle, who is the Head of the Police Complaints Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU), made this known in a tweet on Friday morning.
He further urged the parents of daughters already married to yahoo boys to prevail on their sons-in-law to go into legitimate ventures to avoid hearing “bad news”.
Latest posts by SCARS™ Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS™ Scam Warning: New “Brushing” Parcel Scam - August 11, 2020
- SCARS™ Special Report: Nigerian EFCC Collapses Without Director Magu! - August 10, 2020
- SCARS™ Insight: Ghana Scammer Study – Rationalizing Online Romance Fraud - August 10, 2020
- SCARS™ Special Report: INTERPOL Report Shows Alarming Rate Of Cyberattacks During COVID-19 - August 8, 2020
- SCARS™ Insight: The Young Nigerian & West African Women Scammers - August 7, 2020