Updated on by
Warn Your Daughters Against Dating ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Senior Policeman Tells Parents
An Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP Abayomi Shogunle, has warned parents against allowing their daughters to date internet fraudsters infamously called ‘Yahoo Boys’.
The senior policeman said girlfriends of internet fraudsters inadvertently get caught up in the violence and charms associated with their boyfriends’ “illicit venture”, hence the warning.
Shogunle, who is the Head of the Police Complaints Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU), made this known in a tweet on Friday morning.
He further urged the parents of daughters already married to yahoo boys to prevail on their sons-in-law to go into legitimate ventures to avoid hearing “bad news”.
Latest posts by SCARS|EDUCATION™ Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Special Report: Fighting Cybercriminals In A Connected Future World - January 18, 2020
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Scam Alert: Australian Bushfires and Scams - January 12, 2020
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Psychology of Scams: Screen Time, Sleep Deprivation, and Romance Scams - January 12, 2020
- SCARS Announcement - January 4, 2020
- SCARS|RSN™ Scammers Arrested: China Captures 99,000 Telecom Fraud Suspects In Campaign - December 27, 2019