A Question Of Race
We recognize that all victims, regardless of skin color share the same color of pain from being scammed and we are here to help them all, regardless of: race, nationality, origin, religion, gender, or politics
- Scammers are NOT all African – they come from almost every country on Earth. There are Latin American scammers, American scammers, Chinese scammers, Russian scammers, Jamaican scammers, Iranians, North Korean, etc. It just turns out that West Africans are more prolific than most so more people encounter them online. But if you receive scam phone calls – these are more likely Indian or Pakistani.
- African scammers rarely use stolen photos of African Americans or other African Descendants in their scams A Scam is a confidence trick - a crime - is an attempt to defraud a person or group after first gaining their trust through deception. Scams or confidence tricks exploit victims using their credulity, naïveté, compassion, vanity, irresponsibility, or greed and exploiting that. Researchers have defined confidence tricks as "a distinctive species of fraudulent conduct ... intending to further voluntary exchanges that are not mutually beneficial", as they "benefit con operators ('con men' - criminals) at the expense of their victims (the 'marks')". A scam is a crime even if no money was lost.. We think this is because of their belief that most people around the world are racist against them. We also think they believe that if a victim sees an African descended face, they would believe immediately it was a scam.
- Additionally, African scammers use few Asian faces, but this is mostly because it is harder for them to find useable faces to steal – not so much from a racial perspective.
- African scammers will sometimes use their real face – sometimes their real identities – to engage in several different kinds of scams. These include fake marriage scams to lure a victim to their country and extort money from them when they have physical control of them. Or when they drain the money from a victim they may reveal themselves claiming they really did fall in love – this is just another ploy to get even more money from the victim.
- We are especially sensitive to African American and African descendants living outside of Africa that are scammed because the African scammers are especially brutal towards them for many culturally biased reasons.
- When we display REAL SCAMMERS – they are what they are. If from Africa they will be African; if from India they will be Indian; if from Asia, European, American, Latina American, Philippines, etc. The same goes for any country. Scammers in some regions are predominantly one race – it just is what it is.
To learn more about us please visit www.AgainstScams.org