Updated on by
Scammer Website Steals From Us!
Recently we saw that a website called ScammersOff.com had undergone a massive transformation.
In the process of that transformation, they stole a large number of pages from our website! It was clear to us that the purpose of the new version of the website was to interfere with anti-scammer websites (such as ours), by harming our Google Index Ranking, and to pull in as many victims as possible. Unfortunately, they are not adding any new scammer information.
They included our pages, and content from other anti-scam websites, with minimal modifications. However, the overall effect was very little useful information. In fact, the language used and the design led us to the conclusion that this was both unlawful because of the criminal copyright violation, and may even be a “honey pot” to lure victims.
We had the site removed by the hosting company for violation of their terms and conditions (namely copyright theft), and we have filed charges against the site operator in the U.S. – the site operator is listed as in Italy. Unfortunately, it popped up again under the same domain name, but now hosted by Google as a “Blogger” website (under ScammersOff.blogspot.com).
Once again, we are fighting the battle to have it removed.
Thank you to our visitors who reported their new version – still with exact copies of our content.
Here is the name and contact information of the copyright thief:
Name: Anghelus Cristinel
Alternate Email: email@example.com
Tel: +39 349 3184805
Address: Squero 59, PD, Italy
Latest posts by SCARS|EDUCATION™ Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Special Report: Fake Checks Scams - February 13, 2020
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Special Report: 2019 Internet Crime Report Released - February 13, 2020
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Scam Definition: EXTORTION - February 1, 2020
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Scam Alert: Tax Identity Thieves And IRS Imposters Are Ready For Tax Season - January 28, 2020
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Insight: Cybercrime Is Big Business! - January 28, 2020