Updated on by
Scammer News: Scammer Arrested In Australia
From News.com.au May 30th, 2014
Sydney woman allegedly swindled millions from older men in dating scam
A 39-year-old Sydney woman has been arrested and charged for allegedly fraudulently taking more than AU$2 million from a number of men aged in their 60s and 70s, police say.
It is alleged the woman from Miller in southwest Sydney used dating services for about five years, from mid 2008 to February this year, to form relationships with four different men.
Two of the men are aged in their 70s, while the other two are in their 60s, police say.
One of the men allegedly paid the woman AU$1.9 million.
The other three men paid her AU$190,000, AU$58,000, and AU$12,000 respectively.
After making contact with the men, police say the woman would convince them to deposit money into her account, sometimes claiming she need money to care for a sick relative.
The woman was arrested on Thursday and police seized several items including a sports car.
The woman has been charged with several counts of fraud and money laundering.
She was granted bail and will appear in Liverpool Local Court on June 25.
What SCARS|RSN Visitors Were Looking For
- https://romancescamsnow com/dating-scams/scammer-news-scammer-arrested-in-australia/ (5)
- danielle ftv arrested by police (2)
- police arrest danielle ftv (2)
- danielle ftv arrested (1)
Latest posts by SCARS|EDUCATION™ Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Insight: U.S. Government NIST Releases Version 1.0 of Government / Industry Privacy Framework - January 22, 2020
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Law Enforcement: EFCC Arrests 89 ‘Yahoo-Boys’ in Ibadan Nigeria Night Club - January 20, 2020
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Psychology of Scams: Reciprocity Rule & Scams - January 18, 2020
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Special Report: Fighting Cybercriminals In A Connected Future World - January 18, 2020
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Scam Alert: Australian Bushfires and Scams - January 12, 2020