Updated on by
The Business Of Dating & Scams
AS VALENTINES DAY APPROACHES
SPOKEO REVEALS 71% OF AMERICANS ARE WILLING TO RESEARCH THEIR DATES OR POTENTIAL DATES TO FEEL SAFER
71% of Americans are willing to do their research to feel safer about someone they are in a relationship with, or considering a relationship with.
The numbers are pretty similar for those willing to pay for research (35%) and those who only use the tools that are available for free (36%).
When broken down by gender, women are generally more willing to conduct a search at all (77% of women vs. 66% of men), but are less willing to pay for a search (40% of women would conduct only free searches vs. only 32% of men).
Who’s doing the spending? Of those who would conduct a search, 29% of males are willing to pay a higher price of $26+ vs. only 21% of the women who would pay the same higher amount.
Latest posts by SCARS|EDUCATION™ Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS™ Scam Warning: U.S. Stimulus Check Scams - March 28, 2020
- SCARS™ Special Report: How Criminals Are Profiting From The Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic - March 27, 2020
- SCARS™ CAUTION: Fake Surveys Of Scam Victims - March 24, 2020
- SCARS™ Commentary: A Thought Before The Darkness Closes In - March 23, 2020
- SCARS™ CORONAVIRUS GOVERNMENT ACTION GUIDE: Serving To Protect - March 23, 2020