Updated on by
The Business Of Dating & Scams
AS VALENTINES DAY 2016 APPROACHES
SPOKEO REVEALS 71% OF AMERICANS ARE WILLING TO RESEARCH THEIR DATES OR POTENTIAL DATES TO FEEL SAFER
71% of Americans are willing to do their research to feel safer about someone they are in a relationship with, or considering a relationship with.
The numbers are pretty similar for those willing to pay for research (35%) and those who only use the tools that are available for free (36%).
When broken down by gender, women are generally more willing to conduct a search at all (77% of women vs. 66% of men), but are less willing to pay for a search (40% of women would conduct only free searches vs. only 32% of men).
Who’s doing the spending? Of those who would conduct a search, 29% of males are willing to pay a higher price of $26+ vs. only 21% of the women who would pay the same higher amount.
Latest posts by SCARS|EDUCATION™ Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Special Report: Fake Checks Scams - February 13, 2020
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Special Report: 2019 Internet Crime Report Released - February 13, 2020
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Scam Definition: EXTORTION - February 1, 2020
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Scam Alert: Tax Identity Thieves And IRS Imposters Are Ready For Tax Season - January 28, 2020
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Insight: Cybercrime Is Big Business! - January 28, 2020