RSN OPINION: Please Be Rational
We understand that many of you are extremely angry with scammers, You have every reason and right to be angry, but that anger works against you, just as your blind faith worked against you during the scam,
These scammers are not thugs (most of them at least).
These scammers are business people committing crimes. They don’t really view you as people, you are a demographic, a game to be played, a quota to be fulfilled. Most of them are the same kind of people that would work in a call center anywhere in the world – in fact many of the used to work in call centers. They are there to sell their scams, in much the same way as the guy who calls to sell you cable TV.
Understanding that is the key to winning against scammers.
Rational, clear thinking people can be more effective than angry people.
Reporting every scammer’s fake or real profile to www.Anyscam.com or www.RomanceScamsNow.com is important, because it goes into a global SCARS Anti-Scam Data Reporting Network spreading those reports around the world online and to governments & law enforcement. Reporting every social media profile, email address, every phone number, every crime, is critical. Yet only about 3-6% do report them.
This information may not be important individually, but over time it accumulates and becomes even more so.
It helps law enforcement see the real picture and develop strategies that work. Because of the amount of additional reports coming through Anyscam.com we are able to see that it is making a difference.
For the first time in 25 years, Romance Scams declined in the first half of 2017 – more were reported, because more people are reporting them, but it is still a very small percentage. Our analysis indicates that the real number of new victims is down by approximately 20-25%
Just imagine if 100% were reported? How much more could the number of new victims go down?
While you are angry and raging on social media, and not reporting scammers, the scammers are getting away with it. Is that what you want?
For the first time in a decade, we have real government focus on this, but it takes every individual to do their part too.
What will it be for you?
Your choices are:
1. Stay Angry and Rant, Call Names, Believe More Fantasies, Stay Depressed, Expect Everyone Else To Save You?
2. Report Every Scammer You Find, Really Work On Recovering Emotionally, and Move On With Your Life?
The choice is yours to make, but whichever choice you make affects not just you, but everyone you know – your family and your friends too. A person trapped in rage and despair is not a fun person to know. Recovering from a scam is a choice that many chose not to make.
The world needs you to do the right thing, the hard thing, what is ultimately the best thing for everyone. The scammers need and want you to stay angry!
Do you want to do what the scammers want you to do?
Think about it!
Miami Florida USA
Latest posts by SCARS|RSN Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- Start Fighting Back Smart – SCARS|RSN™ TAKE ACTION - March 24, 2019
- Phone Scammers Steal $22,500 From 80-Year-Old Tenafly Woman – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 24, 2019
- As AI Increases Its Creative Capabilities Scams Are The Inevitable Outcome – SCARS|RSN™ DEEPFAKE NEWS - March 24, 2019
- 4 Nigerians Arrested In Italy For Human Trafficking – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 24, 2019
- Revealed That Bank Scam Cases Double In Just One Year As Conmen Trick 84,000 Savers Into Handing Over £350Million – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 23, 2019