Updated on by
Happy 242nd Birthday America
Independence Day, also referred to as the Fourth of July or July Fourth, is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. The Continental Congress declared that the thirteen American colonies regarded themselves as a new nation, the United States of America, and were no longer part of the British Empire. The Congress actually voted to declare independence two days earlier, on July 2.
Independence Day is commonly associated with fireworks, parades, barbecues, carnivals, fairs, picnics, concerts, baseball games, family reunions, and political speeches and ceremonies, in addition to various other public and private events celebrating the history, government, and traditions of the United States. Independence Day is the National Day of the United States.
Here at the Society of Citizens Against Romance Scams [SCARS] & at Romance Scams Now, we celebrate your independence from the scams that bound you for too long!
Happy Independence Day!
Latest posts by SCARS|EDUCATION™ Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Special Report: Fake Checks Scams - February 13, 2020
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Special Report: 2019 Internet Crime Report Released - February 13, 2020
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Scam Definition: EXTORTION - February 1, 2020
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Scam Alert: Tax Identity Thieves And IRS Imposters Are Ready For Tax Season - January 28, 2020
- SCARS|EDUCATION™ Insight: Cybercrime Is Big Business! - January 28, 2020