Anti-Scam FAQ: What can a victim do if they do not trust the police?


If a victim of a crime does not trust the police, they can still report the crime to other authorities or organizations that may be able to help. Some options for reporting a crime without involving the police include:

◾️️ Reporting the crime to a victim advocacy organization, such as SCARS on Such organizations can provide support and advice to victims of crime, and they may be able to help you find the resources you need.

◾️️ Reporting the crime to the FBI, if the crime is a federal offense. The FBI investigates many types of crimes, including cyber crimes, fraud, and kidnapping. You can report a crime to the FBI online or by calling their 24/7 hotline at 1-800-CALL-FBI.

◾️️ Reporting the crime to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). The IC3 is a partnership between the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center, and it provides a way for individuals to report internet-related crimes. You can report a crime to the IC3 online at

◾️️ Reporting the crime to your local district attorney or state attorney. The district attorney is a government official who prosecutes crimes in your area. You can contact your local district attorney’s office to report a crime and ask for help.

It is important to remember that reporting a crime can help bring the perpetrator to justice and prevent them from harming others. If you are a victim of a crime and do not trust the police, there are other options available to you for seeking help and justice.

♦ If you have questions for SCARS you can send them to us by email to or in a message to one of our sites or Facebook pages!