Scam FAQ: What Is A Romance Scam
- Romance Scams are an international crime that usually involves a fake identity to fool a person into engaging in a massively manipulated romantic relationship.
- Romance Scams do not happen because the victim was stupid, they happen because the scammer socially engineered a set of conditions to trap the victim.
- Romance Scams can happen to anyone since it is based upon triggering the victim’s own brain against them then sustaining the scam through spy-craft style manipulation.
- Romance Scams don’t just happen to sad lovely people, they can happen to anyone, even people that are married – anyone can be scammed.
- Romance Scams victims cannot simply get over it, they involve deep-seated trauma that can result in PTSD or other disorders and professional help may be required.
- Romance Scams are a major challenge to law enforcement worldwide since it involves international treaties and extradition, and the host nations in Africa benefit from the influx of money.
- Romance Scams began in the early 1990’s and have grown into an industry rivaling the illicit drug industry, and they help support human trafficking and terrorism.
- Romance Scams require a globally concerted effort both at the grassroots level to help educate others, and at the governmental level to improve laws and treaties to promote greater enforcement.
- Romance Scams can be stopped with education and safe habits online, and the diligent efforts of people just like you!
Copyright © 2018 SCARS
What SCARS|RSN Visitors Were Looking For
Latest posts by SCARS|RSN Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- 4 Nigerians Arrested In Italy For Human Trafficking – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 24, 2019
- Revealed That Bank Scam Cases Double In Just One Year As Conmen Trick 84,000 Savers Into Handing Over £350Million – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 23, 2019
- How To Protect Your Kids From Scams & Hoaxes! – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 23, 2019
- Fresh Romance Scams Warning After Senior Conned Out Of $700,000 Life Savings – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 23, 2019
- Love Scammer Jailed For Defrauding Two Caucasian Women – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 23, 2019