Updated on by
The Fraudsters Didn’t Even Ask For Account Or Password Details
Victim of sophisticated banking con reveals how she was tricked into transferring £4,000 to scammers
Catherine Downey was duped into giving away £4000 by phone fraudsters.
The mother-of-three was victim to the ‘most sophisticated’ telephone scam yet. The con woman who called her was already able to look inside her bank account.
Read more here:
A victim of the most sophisticated banking scam has explained how she was conned into giving away £4,000. It was only went she visited her branch she was told she was tricked.
Latest posts by SCARS|EDUCATION™ Editorial Team (see all)
- From SafeToNet Foundation: Safeguarding Children in the Digital Context - February 21, 2020
- SCAM ALERT: New Scam Targeting Parents - February 21, 2020
- SCARS™ Special Report: Fake Checks Scams - February 13, 2020
- SCARS™ Special Report: 2019 Internet Crime Report Released - February 13, 2020
- SCARS™ Scam Definition: EXTORTION - February 1, 2020