Listen To This Article - A Short Ad Pays For This Service
Updated on by
SCARS™ SCAM VICTIM WARNING
Official SCARS Statement
Scam victims are being contacted on Facebook by someone from an amateur pretender one man anti-scam group to get victims to leave their support and recovery programs to join his.
He is engaged in a campaign of defamation against our organization and others. Please be careful about who you believe out there. Some anti-scammers are so full of rage and hate that anyone not with them is an enemy, including victims.
This happens from time to time and we wanted you to know so you can take steps to keep yourself safe from people like this.
It is our intention to seek all legal remedies possible in this matter. We will be filing formal criminal charges under United States Law – Title 18 U.S. Code § 2261A against this individual.
It is our policy to act aggressively to protect victims from the harassment, fraud, intimidation, or incompetence of those who would willingly deceive victims regardless of who it is!
A SCARS Division
Miami Florida U.S.A.
TAGS: Title 18 U.S. Code § 2261A, Defamation, Harassment, Intimidation, Facebook, Scam Victims, Online Safety, Official Statement, SCARS Announcement,
– – –
Tell us about your experiences with Romance Scammers in our Scams Discussion Forum on Facebook »
– – –
FAQ: How Do You Properly Report Scammers?
It is essential that law enforcement knows about scams & scammers, even though there is nothing (in most cases) that they can do.
Always report scams involving money lost or where you received money to:
- Local Police – ask them to take an “informational” police report – say you need it for your insurance
- Your National Police or FBI (www.IC3.gov »)
- The SCARS|CDN™ Cybercriminal Data Network – Worldwide Reporting Network HERE » or on www.Anyscam.com »
This helps your government understand the problem, and allows law enforcement to add scammers on watch lists worldwide.
– – –
Visit our NEW Main SCARS Facebook page for much more information about scams and online crime: www.facebook.com/SCARS.News.And.Information »
To learn more about SCARS visit www.AgainstScams.org
Please be sure to report all scammers HERE » or on www.Anyscam.com »
All original content is Copyright © 1991 – 2020 SCARS All Rights Reserved Worldwide & Webwide. Third-party copyrights acknowledge.
SCARS, RSN, Romance Scams Now, SCARS|WORLDWIDE, SCARS|GLOBAL, SCARS, Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams, Society of Citizens Against Romance Scams, SCARS|ANYSCAM, Project Anyscam, Anyscam, SCARS|GOFCH, GOFCH, SCARS|CHINA, SCARS|CDN, SCARS|UK, SCARS Cybercriminal Data Network, Cobalt Alert, Scam Victims Support Group, are all trademarks of Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Incorporated.
Contact the law firm for the Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Incorporated by email at legal@AgainstScams.org
Latest posts by SCARS™ Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS™ Breaking News: President Trump Signs Historic Executive Order To Address Flaws In Communications Decency Act With Focus On Social Media - May 30, 2020
- SCARS™ Scam Basics: Cyberstalking - May 19, 2020
- General Paul Nakasone – Do You Know Him? Another Stolen Face / Stolen Identity - May 18, 2020
- SCARS™ Breaking News: Nigeria Begins Repaying Victims Of Nigerian-Based Cybercrime [UPDATED] - May 18, 2020
- SCARS™ Guide: How To Spot Fake U.S. Passports [UPDATED] - May 14, 2020