Listen To This Article - A Short Ad Pays For This Service
RSN™ Guide: Anti-Scam Security Test For Your Friends & Family
Pretend To Be A Scammer To Save Your Friends & Family
Do You Want To Save Your Friends And Family From Scammers?
Here Is An Anti-Scammer Intrusion Test
The purpose is to test your friends and family reactions to a real-life scammer. In the world of cybersecurity, it is completely normal to perform unannounced tests to see how people respond.
For This Test You Will Need:
- A NEW GMAIL ACCOUNT
– Go to gmail.com and create a new Gmail email address
- A NEW FAKE FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
– Create a new Facebook account using your new Gmail address – share a couple of things from other pages so you have a couple of posts in your timetime, and use a fake graphic as your profile image – we suggest photos of puppies or kittens.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Facebook tracks browsers. So to have two profiles you will need to devices or different browsers such as Chrome and Edge or Firefox.
- Find your original profile and send a friend request so you give access to your real profile and all of your friends and family. This will also let you see what others can see in your profile.
- Flip over to your real profile and accept your Friend Request
- Go back to your new fake profile
- Send Friend Requests to all of your real friends and family from the fake profile!
- See how many actually accept the friend request.
The purpose of this test is to see how many of your friends and family will accept a friend request from a stranger!
Results & Conclusion:
Every one of your friends and family that accepted the fake profile friend request could already be a victim of a scammer, because they accept friend requests from people they don’t know.
You don’t have to tell them the fake profile was you – but you can to drive home the point. You can tell them that they accepted a fake profile as a friend, and what if it had