Listen To This Article - A Short Ad Pays For This Service
SCARS Is Developing a Romance Scam Crime Victim’s Bill of Rights
We would like your opinions on what should be included in this Bill of Rights for Scam Victims
Here are the key points for this set of rights.
Victims have the right to:
- Be treated with fairness and with respect for the victim’s dignity and privacy.
- Be helped to prepare their report of the scam in a way that can be useful and proper for use against the perpetrator.
- Be given an explanation of how scams work and what the victim can expect from the law enforcement process.
- Be informed of realistic expectations, that in most cases the scammer is never arrested, and there is no probability of recovery for their money, however, with the accumulation of evidence and reports, some arrests are possible but limited.
- Be referred to Compliant & Ethical Scam Victims’ Assistance And Support Group.
- Be reasonably protected from the accused offender (scammer / fraudster / cybercriminal).
- Have their identity kept confidential, unless they make it public.
- Be notified of actions that affect them directly.
What else do YOU think it should include?
Copyright © 2017 SCARS
The following two tabs change content below.
SCARS Editorial Team at Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Inc.
SCARS™ RomanceScamsNow.com™ is the official victims' education & support publication of the Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams™ Incorporated [SCARS]™ It is edited and published by the SCARS Team. Contact@AgainstScams.org SCARS is a government registered crime victims' assistance & crime prevention nonprofit organization, based in Miami Florida U.S.A. Its founder has been involved in combating online fraud since 1991. SCARS™ - the Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Inc. is dedicated to supporting scam victims worldwide, educating the public to avoid scams, and advocating victim's causes and changing government and law enforcement attitudes toward online fraud for good! This SCARS website and all of our publications (including social media) are maintained by our own staff employees and volunteers to provide you the most up to date information about scams & scammers from around the world. We show you how to avoid them or recover from them. Visit us on social media or the website for more information about scams & scammers, and how to recover from your exoerience.
Latest posts by SCARS™ Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS™ Guide: New Fake Money Recovery Scams - August 11, 2020
- SCARS™ Scam Warning: New “Brushing” Parcel Scam - August 11, 2020
- SCARS™ Special Report: Nigerian EFCC Collapses Without Director Magu!? - August 10, 2020
- SCARS™ Insight: Ghana Scammer Study – Rationalizing Online Romance Fraud - August 10, 2020
- SCARS™ Special Report: INTERPOL Report Shows Alarming Rate Of Cyberattacks During COVID-19 - August 8, 2020