Last Updated on by SCARS Editorial Team
RSN™ Anti-ScamScam A Scam is a confidence trick - a crime - is an attempt to defraud a person or group after first gaining their trust through deception. Scams or confidence tricks exploit victims using their credulity, naïveté, compassion, vanity, irresponsibility, or greed and exploiting that. Researchers have defined confidence tricks as "a distinctive species of fraudulent conduct ... intending to further voluntary exchanges that are not mutually beneficial", as they "benefit con operators ('con men' - criminals) at the expense of their victims (the 'marks')". A scam is a crime even if no money was lost. Tips: Dating Profile Attributes
Here Are 10 Critical Dating Profile Attribute Tips You Need To Know
Updated November 2018
They Might Be A ScammerScammer A Scammer or Fraudster is someone that engages in deception to obtain money or achieve another objective. They are criminals that attempt to deceive a victim into sending more or performing some other activity that benefits the scammer. If:
- They List Hair Color as Black – Caucasians never have black hair (unless they are Goths – but the photo will tell you) – if not a goth it’s a scammer!
- Race is Native American – Native Americans on dating sites are almost always not – check the details for a mention of a Nation or Tribe if they are real if no mention it’s a scammer!
- Eye Color is Black – Black Eyes are rare in North America and Europe – look at the photo – most likely brown, and a scammer!
- Black Hair and Blue Eyes – nope, scammer!
- Anyone in the Military, Ask Rank and Unit – No Answer Scammer!
- Anyone that uses the word “Honest” or “Serious” more than once in a Profile – scammer!
- Lady – few women call themselves a Lady – they may be, but they don’t say that – if they do, probably a scammer!
- Anyone under the age of 70 calling themselves “Years Young” – is a scammer!
- Anyone saying they are “True to Heart” or “Down to Heart” – is a scammer!
- Any Woman that describes herself as “Hard Working” in a dating profile – is a scammer!
We hope this top 10 helps you recognize the scammers out the there!
a division of SCARSSCARS SCARS - Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Inc. A government registered crime victims' assistance & crime prevention nonprofit organization based in Miami, Florida, U.S.A. SCARS supports the victims of scams worldwide and through its partners in more than 60 countries around the world. Incorporated in 2015, its team has 30 years of continuous experience educating and supporting scam victims. Visit www.AgainstScams.org to learn more about SCARS.™
Miami Florida U.S.A.