Last Updated on by SCARS Editorial Team
It will soon be 2017 – Here Are The 11 for 17
Here are our official RSN predictions for the coming year 2017!
Let’s see in a year how many we get right!
- SCARSSCARS SCARS - Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Inc. A government registered crime victims' assistance & crime prevention nonprofit organization based in Miami, Florida, U.S.A. SCARS supports the victims of scams worldwide and through its partners in more than 60 countries around the world. Incorporated in 2015, its team has 30 years of continuous experience educating and supporting scam victims. Visit www.AgainstScams.org to learn more about SCARS. will meet with Facebook, begin discussions on the SCARS Plan, and Facebook will employ IP checking and other countermeasures
- Dating Industry will use SCARS / ANYSCAM Crowdsourced Anti-ScamScam A Scam is a confidence trick - a crime - is an attempt to defraud a person or group after first gaining their trust through deception. Scams or confidence tricks exploit victims using their credulity, naïveté, compassion, vanity, irresponsibility, or greed and exploiting that. Researchers have defined confidence tricks as "a distinctive species of fraudulent conduct ... intending to further voluntary exchanges that are not mutually beneficial", as they "benefit con operators ('con men' - criminals) at the expense of their victims (the 'marks')". A scam is a crime even if no money was lost. Data Reporting Network information as a principal check on fake dating industry fake profiles.
- Facebook will shutdown most major anti-scam exposing Pages & Groups as not meeting their Community Standards and US & European Law.
- Remaining anti-scam Pages & Group will focus exclusively on scam avoidance education – not exposing individual fake profiles and scammers
- Victim’s Support Standards & Regulations in the US, and Around the World will require certification for any online Scam Victim’s Support GroupsSupport Groups In a support group, members provide each other with various types of help, usually nonprofessional and nonmaterial, for a particular shared, usually burdensome, characteristic, such as romance scams. Members with the same issues can come together for sharing coping strategies, to feel more empowered and for a sense of community. The help may take the form of providing and evaluating relevant information, relating personal experiences, listening to and accepting others' experiences, providing sympathetic understanding and establishing social networks. A support group may also work to inform the public or engage in advocacy. They can be supervised or not. SCARS support groups are moderated by the SCARS Team and or volunteers.
- Most Amateurs will stop creating anti-scam pages and websites because of increasing regulation and civil liability. ISP’s will turn them off for failure to have proper certifications and liability insurance to avoid their own liability.
- Several hater groups will be successfully litigated over defamation issues. This will result in many more being shut down since they would not qualify for litigation risk insurance.
- At least one major anti-scam group will be exposed as collaborating with African & Russian Scammers.
- The United States Department of Justice with the support of the Society of Citizens Against Romance ScamsScams A Scam is a confidence trick - a crime - is an attempt to defraud a person or group after first gaining their trust through deception. Scams or confidence tricks exploit victims using their credulity, naïveté, compassion, vanity, irresponsibility, or greed and exploiting that. Researchers have defined confidence tricks as "a distinctive species of fraudulent conduct ... intending to further voluntary exchanges that are not mutually beneficial", as they "benefit con operators ('con men' - criminals) at the expense of their victims (the 'marks')". A scam is a crime even if no money was lost. will prototype and launch in Western Africa a completely new strategy for law enforcement against online fraudsters by removing the profit motive from Western Africa scamming.
- The role of crowdsourced scam reporting finally turns the tide against online scammers with the complete cooperation of social media networks, dating websites, online email services, and phone forwarding services under a new initiative backed by the U.S. Dept. of Justice, Sept. of Homeland Security, UK Home Office, and EuropolEuropol The European Union Agency for Law Enforcement Cooperation, better known under the name Europol, formerly the European Police Office and Europol Drugs Unit, is the law enforcement agency of the European Union (EU) formed in 1998 to handle criminal intelligence and combat serious international organized crime and terrorism through cooperation between competent authorities of EU member states. The Agency has no executive powers, and its officials are not entitled to arrest suspects or act without prior approval from authorities in the member states. Based in The Hague, it comprised 1,065 staff as of 2016. WEBSITE LINK.
- For the first time in 25 years online fraudFraud In law, fraud is intentional deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain (money or other assets), or to deprive a victim of a legal right. Fraud can violate civil law (e.g., a fraud victim may sue the fraud perpetrator to avoid the fraud or recover monetary compensation) or criminal law (e.g., a fraud perpetrator may be prosecuted and imprisoned by governmental authorities), or it may cause no loss of money, property, or legal right but still be an element of another civil or criminal wrong. The purpose of fraud may be monetary gain or other benefits, for example by obtaining a passport, travel document, or driver's license, or mortgage fraud, where the perpetrator may attempt to qualify for a mortgage by way of false statements. A fraud can also be a hoax, which is a distinct concept that involves deliberate deception without the intention of gain or of materially damaging or depriving a victim. will actually reduce by double digit percentages.
WHAT ARE YOUR GOALS AND PREDICTIONS FOR 2017??
Happy New Year!
The Whole RSN Team!
Miami Florida USA