Listen To This Article - A Short Ad Pays For This Service
SCARS™ Insight: 21 Online Scams You May Not Know About [Infographic]
With new technology comes more risk for exploitation. Take a journey through time, learn about 21 online scams, and make sure you’re not next on a scammers list with this infographic.
Courtesy of Digicert
Please Note: Some of the early dates show are in error. There were no websites before 1993, and no public email before 1984. However, one interesting point is the first Dating website was indeed 1995 created by the SCARS Chairman (but was abandoned in 1996)
A SCARS Division
Miami Florida U.S.A.
TAGS: Scams, Timeline, Dating Website, Phisching Scam, Email Scam, Types Of Scams, Taxonomy Of Scams, Infographic,
– – –
Tell us about your experiences with Romance Scammers in our Scams Discussion Forum on Facebook »
– – –
FAQ: How Do You Properly Report Scammers?
It is essential that law enforcement knows about scams & scammers, even though there is nothing (in most cases) that they can do.
Always report scams involving money lost or where you received money to:
- Local Police – ask them to take an “informational” police report – say you need it for your insurance
- Your National Police or FBI (www.IC3.gov »)
- The SCARS|CDN™ Cybercriminal Data Network – Worldwide Reporting Network HERE » or on www.Anyscam.com »
This helps your government understand the problem, and allows law enforcement to add scammers on watch lists worldwide.
– – –
Visit our NEW Main SCARS Facebook page for much more information about scams and online crime: www.facebook.com/SCARS.News.And.Information »
To learn more about SCARS visit www.AgainstScams.org
Please be sure to report all scammers HERE » or on www.Anyscam.com »
All original content is Copyright © 1991 – 2020 SCARS All Rights Reserved Worldwide & Webwide – SCARS/Romance Scams Now & SCARS/Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams are all trademarks of Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Incorporated (formerly the Society of Citizens Against Romance Scams)
All original content is Copyright © 1991 – 2020 SCARS All Rights Reserved Worldwide & Webwide. Third-party copyrights acknowledge.
SCARS, RSN, Romance Scams Now, SCARS|WORLDWIDE, SCARS|GLOBAL, SCARS, Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams, Society of Citizens Against Romance Scams, SCARS|ANYSCAM, Project Anyscam, Anyscam, SCARS|GOFCH, GOFCH, SCARS|CHINA, SCARS|CDN, SCARS|UK, SCARS Cybercriminal Data Network, Cobalt Alert, Scam Victims Support Group, are all trademarks of Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Incorporated.
Contact the law firm for the Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Incorporated by email at legal@AgainstScams.org
Latest posts by SCARS™ Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS™ Scam Warning: New “Brushing” Parcel Scam - August 11, 2020
- SCARS™ Special Report: Nigerian EFCC Collapses Without Director Magu! - August 10, 2020
- SCARS™ Insight: Ghana Scammer Study – Rationalizing Online Romance Fraud - August 10, 2020
- SCARS™ Special Report: INTERPOL Report Shows Alarming Rate Of Cyberattacks During COVID-19 - August 8, 2020
- SCARS™ Insight: The Young Nigerian & West African Women Scammers - August 7, 2020