LET US ASK YOU: WHY ARE YOU HERE?
An RSN Commentary
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
We help more than a thousand people a day.
Half say nothing is being done by anyone. Another quarter ask basic questions that we answer almost every day in our posts, notes, and comment, but they never look.
What does that tell us?
It tells us that most people are still not learning. They are not reading in order to understand, recover, or be safe.
It tells us that most visitors to our social media pages and websites read the headlines, not the articles.
The ones that are reading – like YOU – are learning to be safe.
But the others are not really committed to their own safety.
They are not really committed to the safety of their family and friends either.
They are really just going through the motions.
This is profoundly sad.
How do we know this?
As a on our websites and on social media we have deep analytics on how each post is viewed. We can tell how many people see a post, and how many click on it to read it. We can see how many scroll to the bottom – not by name, but the numbers.
In general, only about 10% of those that see a post click on it to read the article. In the case of videos, only about 5% click on it to even watch the first 10 seconds – even less watch it all the way.
What is the cause of this lack of self preservation?
Is it denial or avoidance?
Is it that they cannot face that they were scammed and want to “go through the motions” only so they can fool themselves into thinking they are doing something?
Is it that this is what our society has become?
That people are so accustomed to 10 second sound-bites for their news they no longer have the patience to learn something?
The sad truth is that those people will not read this post either.
For those of you who did read it, pat yourself on the back.
You are in the 10% of the achievers and realists who are committed to your own safety and those that you care about.
It is for YOU that we publish what we do and work every day to bring you the latest news and information from the world of scams.
We would like to get your feedback on this problem though.
- How do we get through to those that are not really listening?
- How do we reach them and convince them that knowledge is what separates them from being a one time victim or from being a many time victim?
Please share your thoughts and insights on this?
If you read this through, please leave a comment saying “Read It” so we will know?
We sincerely thank you for your support.
a division of the Society of Citizens Against Romance Scams [SCARS]
a non-governmental non-profit organization based in Miami Florida U.S.A.
Latest posts by SCARS|RSN Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- Four Corners – Meet The Scammers – Full 46 Minute Documentary [VIDEO] – SCARS|RSN™ ScamTV™ - February 17, 2019
- 24-Member Phone Scam Gang Arrested In UAE – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - February 16, 2019
- $1 Billion Lost In Romance Scams, Better Business Bureau Says – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - February 16, 2019
- Catfishing – SCARS|RSN™ Scam Definition [English & Español] - February 16, 2019
- Real Military Cybercriminal – SCARS|RSN™ Special Report - February 16, 2019