Togo Is A Small Country In Western Africa
Togo, officially the Togolese Republic, is a country in West Africa bordered by Ghana to the west, Benin to the east and Burkina Faso to the north (all havens for online scammers). It extends south to the Gulf of Guinea, where its capital Lomé is located.
Togo is a tropical, sub-Saharan nation in Western Africa, highly dependent on agriculture, with a climate that provides good growing seasons. Togo is one of the smallest countries in all of Africa, but in the last few years, like other West African nations, has turned to online fraud and scams as a growing industry.
The official language is French, with many other languages spoken in Togo, particularly those of the Gbe family. The largest religious group in Togo are those with indigenous beliefs, and there are significant Christian and Muslim minorities. Togo tends towards fraud of French speaking countries, but you will see Togo scammers in English language dating websites as well.
From the 11th to the 16th century, various tribes entered the region from all directions. From the 16th century to the 18th century, the coastal region was a major trading centre for Europeans in search of slaves, earning Togo and the surrounding region the name “The Slave Coast”. What is significant about the slavery trade, is that it was not started by Europeans, but by the West Africans themselves. In 1884, Germany declared Togoland a protectorate. After World War I, rule over Togo was transferred to France. Togo gained its independence from France in 1960.
Known Togo Scammer:
Images From Togo:
What Visitors Were Looking For
Latest posts by Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- RSN™ Special Report: Nigeria’s Fortune In Scam Recovery $261,000,000 Dollars - November 14, 2018
- RSN™ Guide: Deducting Scams Form Your U.S. Income Tax - November 14, 2018
- RSN™ Special Report: How Some Academics View Scamming In Africa - November 14, 2018
- RSN™ Special Report: A Better Business Bureau Study on Online Romance Scams - November 13, 2018
- RSN™ Scam News: Nigerian $878,000 Scammer Arrested In U.S. - November 13, 2018