Many dating sites have added verification features to help site members feel safer about scammers.
Unfortunately, it does the exact opposite.
There are tons of FREE phone numbers and on-line services for on-line texting purposes out there, such as http://receive-sms-online.com/
These services allow scammers to “verify” a phone number that they don’t own, to receive verification codes. This “verifies” them to the site, and then broadcasts that they are a verified member.
The result of this is individuals become more susceptible to scammers because they believe that these verifications mean something that they do not.
So be warned, just because a profile is verified, does not mean the person has been!
Always look for the warning signs, and treat verifications as just another way scammers get past our defenses!
What Visitors Were Looking For
Romance Scams Now Editorial Team
Latest posts by Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- North Korean Scammers - May 17, 2017
- UPDATED: Breaking News: President Trumps Signs Cyber Security Executive Order - May 11, 2017
- General John W Nicholson – Know This Guy? - April 17, 2017
- Bethany Benz Do You Know This Girl? - April 17, 2017
- Bibi Jones – Have You Seen Her? - April 15, 2017