Last Updated on by SCARS Editorial Team
We have been asked many times to define this!
What Is A Romance ScammerScammer A Scammer or Fraudster is someone that engages in deception to obtain money or achieve another objective. They are criminals that attempt to deceive a victim into sending more or performing some other activity that benefits the scammer.?
A Romance Scammer, Dating ScammerDating scammer Dating scammers or love scammers create fake identities on dating apps and social media to coax you into fake online relationships. They often quickly move to personal channels such as phone or email, using your trust to acquire money or personal info, or help you hide their criminal activities. You'll probably never meet them in person. This is a relationship scam., Sweetheart Scammer is:
- A Person representing themselves as someone they are not
- A Person lying about their identity
- A Person using false photos (of someone else)
- A Person lying about where they are
- A Person lying about themselves
That’s the basics of a scammer. Any or All of them qualify them as a Romance Scammer!
However, it goes far beyond this!
- Most Scammers want your money
- Most Scammers want to rob you
- Most Scammers care nothing about you and don’t care if you get hurt
- Most Scammers will use your information to help them scamScam A Scam is a confidence trick - a crime - is an attempt to defraud a person or group after first gaining their trust through deception. Scams or confidence tricks exploit victims using their credulity, naïveté, compassion, vanity, irresponsibility, or greed and exploiting that. Researchers have defined confidence tricks as "a distinctive species of fraudulent conduct ... intending to further voluntary exchanges that are not mutually beneficial", as they "benefit con operators ('con men' - criminals) at the expense of their victims (the 'marks')". A scam is a crime even if no money was lost. someone else!
Who are these scammers? Look at this video and you will understand.
Q & A:
- Is someone that lies about their age a Romance Scammer? It depends on how much – if more than 6 years, then yes, they have a false profile.
- Is someone that posts of their younger self a Romance Scammer? If it is their main image and they have no current photos or bury the current photo, then yes, they have a false profile.
- Is someone the lies about their personality or their details a Romance Scammer? This is a judgment call, most people tweak their profiles, so most of the time, no, they are not a Romance Scammer.
- Is everyone from Ghana a Romance Scammer? YES. It doesn’t matter how honest one person there may be, you cannot trust anyone there! No matter how much proof, they could still be just a better scammer!
- Is everyone in the rest of Africa a Romance Scammer? YES. Until they prove themselves to be honest, treat them like a scammer – from Angola to South Africa – Treat them all as scammers!
But Not All Scammers Are African?
- There are Latin American, Asian, Philippines, Russian, and even European and North American dating scammersDating scammers Dating scammers or love scammers create fake identities on dating apps and social media to coax you into fake online relationships. They often quickly move to personal channels such as phone or email, using your trust to acquire money or personal info, or help you hide their criminal activities. You'll probably never meet them in person. This is a relationship scam. too!
- Though the Russian and North American can be physically dangerous.
- Latin American and Philippines Dating Scammers use their real identity, because they know you can’t touch them.
The following two tabs change content below.
SCARSSCARS SCARS - Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Inc. A government registered crime victims' assistance & crime prevention nonprofit organization based in Miami, Florida, U.S.A. SCARS supports the victims of scams worldwide and through its partners in more than 60 countries around the world. Incorporated in 2015, its team has 30 years of continuous experience educating and supporting scam victims. Visit www.AgainstScams.org to learn more about SCARS. Editorial Team at Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Inc.
We are SCARS and we support scam victims worldwide! ••• The SCARS™ RomanceScamsNow.com™ website is one of the official victims' education & support publications of the