Updated on by
RSN™ Editorial: At War With Facebook
For Many Years We Have Had A Love / Hate Relationship With Facebook!
We have been publishing about scammers on Facebook for about 13 years in various forms, and RSN has had its own dedicated Main Page since the beginning of 2010.
In 2016 we had an all-out attack on us by scammers and other anti-scam Hate Groups. This resulted in the loss of personal profiles and all the work that was associated with them, naturally Facebook is happy to attack real people but consistently ignores the hundreds of millions of fakes on their platform.
In 2017 scammers used the “Hate Speech” approach to kill posts and pages about scams & scammers. We lost three Facebook pages but successfully appealed on another dozen – keeping them alive. However, it changed how we were able to report scammers on Facebook. We had to reduce the numbers of real and fake scammers we could display.
Fortunately, we were able to move our activities into confidential Facebook Groups that prevented the scammers from seeing the activity, such as these groups we operate on Facebook:
You are all welcome to come and join these groups.
In 2018 the “Fake News” mania is the method that scammers and haters are using to attack us and others. Facebook being the passive aggressive bastards that they use Fake News as a means to silence organizations that their moderators disagree with. It makes sense given that Facebook has moderators spread around the world and a significant portion are Africans.
Did you know that Facebook has more than 200 Million active users in Africa? That is NOT counting the 400 Million fake profiles created through VPN or Proxy servers (appearing to be in other countries around the world). Additionally, Facebook has a MAJOR commitment to Africa. They have a significant facility in South Africa (where many of your complaints against Africans are moderated). AND Facebook plans to fly drones and blimps over African countries to expand the users to nearly one-billion. Is it any wonder that Facebook seems to prefer the scammers over honest people in the Americas, Asia, and Europe?
Facebook’s business goals focus on Nigeria, Kenya, and South Africa in that order. This is more important to them than their original base of customers in North America and Europe, who they believe are all sheep and who will stay with them no matter how bad things get.
When you think about the fact that Facebook only has 1.5 billion active users – the Africans & the Fakes are nearly half of Facebook subscriber base. Very soon it should be called Africabook.
Coming Back To The Main Point Of This Article …
Facebook Blocks RSN
On August 10th,2018, Facebook passively blocked the Romance Scams Now™ Main Facebook page from appearing in our follower’s news feeds.
This means that our thousands of followers no longer see the posts from that page in their personal news feeds. While they can claim that they did nothing to censor us, they effectively and permanently cut our RSN Facebook Main Page off from everyone who liked and followed us for more than a decade. You can still visit the page yourself and see what is there, but they cut us off from the primary mechanism that all of our followers use to see our work.
Fortunately, we have followed a risk strategy that had us create hundreds of RSN & SCARS Anti-scam pages on Facebook because we knew that the war was coming and since we do not own the Facebook platform (as we do this website) we could never win when Facebook decides that “Reporting and Discussing Scammers” was no longer acceptable. As many of you have seen we have a massive catalog of published pages on Facebook covering every subject related to scams and scammers.
In the case of our RSN Main Page, our only option is now to “archive” the page (freezing it) so all of the previous information remains intact and available (yes we do have a complete back-up), and to create a NEW HOME PAGE on Facebook for us going forward. Please be sure to add the address of our NEW Home Page to your bookmarks.
Because of the overt attempts to silence those of us that speak out against scams and scammers, we will focus more of our attention on our websites (which is beyond the reach of Facebook), while we maintain what we do on social media. However, we are also shifting more attention onto MeWe.com (if you are not familiar with MeWe.com it is a safer alternative to Facebook) – we encourage you to join us in our MeWe groups!
There Is A Larger Issue At Work Here
Facebook is the most obvious of the New Tech Social Paradigm. What we mean is that a handful of left-leaning progressives are dictating what is acceptable to the vast majority. This includes the victims (like yourself) of a “One World Culture” where everyone is accepted and more importantly acceptable. Their dominant attitude is that it is not anyone’s business how Africans earn a living, we should accept them and support them in their struggle against the “Colonizers” (meaning US).
That when we defame these poor people in Africa we are demonstrating our inherent racism and bias against other cultures. Anyone that opposes this view is either guilty of hate speech or fake news now in Facebook’s eyes! This forces us to think like a resistance movement – though it’s a Law & Order Resistance against the lawlessness of Facebook!
The time has come to start real activism against Facebook
In the coming months our parent organization (the Society of Citizens Against Romance Scams [SCARS]) will launch new initiatives aimed at accomplishing the following:
- Class-action litigation against Facebook over their failures to protect their real customers
- Regulatory action by the United States Government to penalize Facebook for significant privacy abuses
- Anti-Trust action in the United States to Break-up Facebook to mitigate the risks to the public of their subversive social engineering & manipulation, including:
- Separating Facebook security & moderation from the Facebook company so that it can be standardized and monitored for effectiveness
- Separating Facebook advertising so that it no longer has access to our personal account information and the rampant abuses that have taken place
- Establishing an Independent review and adjudication process to dispute resolution
- Establishing transparency in the reporting, suspension, and appeal processes
- In addition to these, we support measures to reform the United States Communications Decency Act which governs liability for Third-Party generated content on websites and platforms such as Facebook, to make them (Facebook) more liable when they systematically ignore criminal behavior.
Facebook Does More Good Than Harm?
Unfortunately, Facebook is a monster. At times it does harm willfully but with the intention of social good (in their view). At other times they do harm by being spiteful and negligent.
We will continue to publish on Facebook for as long as we are able, since this is where the scammers and predators operate and where their targets are victimized. But in the end, eventually, Facebook will continue to reduce our effectiveness and our last bastion of offense against scammers will be our websites.
We Need Your Help
You have to stop being passive and become activists by joining us!
You have to help us spread the word, by sharing our posts here and on social media with your friends and families so they do not become victims as well. Your silence is what the scammers count on. You being sheep is what Facebook counts on!
Ready Player One!
It is time to take back the universe we live in!
It is time to take back Facebook for us and our friends and families. It is time to tell radical tech companies that they cannot manipulate us, hurt us, and let criminals run rampant on their platforms!
It is time to rise up as an Anti-Scam Army™ and win this war!
Are you with us? or are you going to continue to sit there and let other people do the heavy lifting for you?
If you want to make the effort here are the things you MUST do!
- Join SCARS – www.AgainstRomanceScams.org (it’s free)
- Report scammers – HERE or on Anyscam.com (follow our RSN Guide for how to do it)
- Share everything with family & friends (you would tell them about other kinds of crimes, why not this?)
- Help other victims – become a local advocate – we have a free training program that will help you become a certified Crime Victims Advocate where you can help local victims
- Sign Petitions
- Call your Congressmen and women about regulating Facebook and other social media and tech companies – they need to hear from you
- Read our Facebook & Web pages – learn all that you can – it is also empowering and will help you recover from your scam
- If you need help stop being passive and get it. We offer real crime victims’ assistance and support groups – join one (for women here or for men here)
Just remember, Facebook is bad, but YOU are your own worst enemy!
We hope you get the message.
Romance Scams Now
a division of the Society of Citizens Against Romance Scams [SCARS]
Miami, Florida, U.S.A.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Tell us about your experiences with Romance Scammers in our Scams Discussion Forum on Facebook »
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
FAQ: How Do You Properly Report Scammers?
It is essential that law enforcement knows about scams & scammers, even though there is nothing (in most cases) that they can do.
Always report scams involving money lost or where you received money to:
- Local Police – ask them to take an “informational” police report – say you need it for your insurance
- Your National Police or FBI (www.IC3.gov)
- The Scars Worldwide Reporting Network HERE or on www.Anyscam.com
This helps your government understand the problem, and allows law enforcement to add scammers on watch lists worldwide.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – — – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Visit our Main RSN Facebook page for much more information about scams and online crime: https://www.facebook.com/RSN-Romance-Scams-Now-Romancescamsnowcom-New-Home-Page-SCARS-Division-2146460598939791
To learn more about SCARS visit www.AgainstRomanceScams.org
Please be sure to report all scammers HERE or on www.Anyscam.com
All original content is Copyright © 1991 – 2018 SCARS All Rights Reserved Worldwide & Webwide – RSN/Romance Scams Now & SCARS/Society of Citizens Against Romance Scams are all trademarks of Society of Citizens Against Romance Scams Inc.
#ReportingScammers #WhereToReportScams #Anyscam #SCARS #RSN #CatchScammers #ScammerWatchLists #ArrestScammers #REPORTSCAMMERS #ANYSCAM #AVOIDSCAMS #ROMANCESCAMS #ACTAGAINSTSCAMS #NIGERIANSCAMMERS #ROMANCESCAMSNOW #SCARS #GHANASCAMMERS #FAKEPROFILES #FACEBOOKSCAMMERS #BOYCOTTAFRICANCOFFEE
Latest posts by SCARS|RSN Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS|RSN™ Advocacy: Local Law Enforcement Everywhere Needs Cybercrime Specialists On Staff – Help Stop Scams - July 15, 2019
- Lana Rhoades: Have You Seen Her? Another Stolen Face / Stolen Identity - July 15, 2019
- Rachel Starr – Have You Seen Her? Another Stolen Face / Stolen Identity - July 15, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Guide: Confirming Recorded Videos In Skype & Video Chats - July 13, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Special Report: Complaints about Government Imposter Scams Reach Record High, According to New FTC Data [Infographic] - July 12, 2019