Romance Scams Can Lead To Identity Theft
In fact, every stolen photo placed on a fake profile is stealing that person’s identity. Yours may be being used also!
We do our best to record and expose this practice of photo identity theft and offer expert witness testimony against dating websites that allow this practice to continue. However, these scams can not only lead to money losses, but also the theft of YOUR identity.
Have you ever checked your own photos on Google or TinEye? Your should do this regularly. Also make sure ONLY your friends can view your Facebook profile – have you allowed scammers to view it? Then your photos may be the next fake profile they create!
To learn more about Identity Theft and find resources to help:
Latest posts by SCARS™ Editorial Team (see all)
- Jobs & Employment Scams – How Scams Work - June 16, 2021
- News From The G7 – Nothing Happened About Global Fraud! - June 16, 2021
- Crime Pays – A Guest Commentary by Brett Johnson - June 16, 2021
- The Issue Of Race In Scam Reporting - June 13, 2021
- A Quick Reminder To Report All Scams - June 13, 2021