Updated on by
Romance Scams Can Lead To Identity Theft
In fact, every stolen photo placed on a fake profile is stealing that person’s identity. Yours may be being used also!
We do our best to record and expose this practice of photo identity theft and offer expert witness testimony against dating websites that allow this practice to continue. However, these scams can not only lead to money losses, but also the theft of YOUR identity.
Have you ever checked your own photos on Google or TinEye? Your should do this regularly. Also make sure ONLY your friends can view your Facebook profile – have you allowed scammers to view it? Then your photos may be the next fake profile they create!
To learn more about Identity Theft and find resources to help:
What SCARS Visitors Were Looking For?
Latest posts by SCARS™ Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS™ Scam Alert: New Scam Targeting Teens And Young Adults - July 3, 2020
- SCARS™ Anti-Scam Tip: Confrontation & The Scammer Dodge - June 27, 2020
- SCARS™ Scam News: Another Scammer Kingpin Arrested In India - June 27, 2020
- SCARS™ Urban Legends: Do Something Useful With Their Lives! - June 27, 2020
- SCARS™ Scam News: Major Nigerian Scammer Cartel Shutdown In Dubai [UPDATED] - June 26, 2020