Updated on by
Dating Websites Live In Denial
An Open Letter To The Dating Industry
We are often surprised to see just how ambivalent Dating Site operators are about Scammers and Fake profiles!
The survey questionnaire is here »
One of the greatest challenges is not the scammers, we understand them and have developed countermeasures that we publish here in our anti-scammer website, but it is this near total denial of the online dating industry. They all claim that they are scammer free, that they have this problem under control, yet in our experience, they are nearly willing accomplices to the scammers.
They all depend on the quantity of dating profiles, and give lip service to the scammers.
That is not to say that they don’t spend on programs, processes, and algorithms. However, not one of them has allowed any anti-scammer group to audit them to prove they are meeting their claims. Online dating fraud is nearly a US$1billion industry worldwide, and in our opinion and what has been shown in surveys, has so choked the medium, that consumers are giving up. But with a seemingly endless supply of new suckers (as P.T. Barnum said “There is one born every minute”) there is little reason for reform. Of course, if you are one of the tens or hundreds of thousands that has been impacted by online scammers if is no joke.
We suggest that our readers contact the Investor Relations departments of some of these Dating companies and tell them that you want their site audited by Anti-Scammers groups!
We believe it is time for the Western Government to protect consumers from Dating Website Operators and Owners that disregard the safety of their customers. It is time for the Federal Trade Commission to step in and establish a set of regulations for this industry! For more visit Here »
Latest posts by SCARS|EDUCATION™ Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS™ Coronavirus Scam Warning: A Social Disease – How Fraudsters Adapt Old Scams To Exploit The Coronavirus Crisis - April 3, 2020
- SCARS™ Psychology of Scams: Confirmation Bias – Letting Your Desires Control What You See! - April 2, 2020
- SCARS™ Scam Warning: U.S. Stimulus Check Scams - March 28, 2020
- SCARS™ Special Report: How Criminals Are Profiting From The Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic - March 27, 2020
- SCARS™ CAUTION: Fake Surveys Of Scam Victims - March 24, 2020