Listen To This Article - A Short Ad Pays For This Service
Updated on by
OFFICIAL U.S. GOVERNMENT DOCUMENT: Joint Service Sextortion Brochure
This document provides guidance for U.S. Servicemembers on blackmail exploitation from Sextortion and is useful for others as well.
To Avoid Falling Victim To Sextortion
- Refrain from engaging in sexually explicit activities online, such as posting or exchanging compromising photos/videos.
- Adjust social media privacy settings and accounts to limit information available to unknown persons.
- Exercise caution when accepting “friend” requests or communicating with unknown persons online.
- Avoid advertising or discussing U.S. military and/or U.S. government affiliations.
- Turn off electronic devices and cover webcams when not in use.
- Safeguard your personal banking and credit card information from unknown recipients.
- Update antivirus software and avoid downloading apps, files, or email attachments from unverified sources.
- Trust your instincts – perpetrators are highly sophisticated and able to trick their victims into a false sense of security. If you have suspicions about the person you are communicating with, cease contact with them.
The following two tabs change content below.
SCARS Editorial Team at Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Inc.
SCARS™ RomanceScamsNow.com™ is the official knowledge and victims' support publication of the Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams™ Incorporated [SCARS]™ It is edited and published by the SCARS Team. Contact@AgainstScams.org SCARS is the world's leading anti-scam charitable nonprofit nongovernmental organization, based in Miami Florida U.S.A. Its founder has been involved in combating online fraud since 1991. SCARS™ - the Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Inc. is a charitable nonprofit nongovernmental organization (NGO) dedicated to advocating victim's causes and changing government and law enforcement attitudes toward online fraud for good! Please join us in becoming a member of SCARS - it's free! Add your voice so that the world will listen at last - just go to www.AgainstScams.org. The SCARS|RSN website and all of our publications (including social media) are maintained by our own staff employees and volunteers to provide you the most up to date information about scams & scammers from around the world. We show you how to avoid them or recover from them. SCARS is the only registered online crime victims' assistance & support organization in the world. Be sure to report scammers here. Also, visit our main Facebook page for more information about romance scams.
Latest posts by SCARS™ Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS™ Scam Alert: New Scam Targeting Teens And Young Adults - July 3, 2020
- SCARS™ Anti-Scam Tip: Confrontation & The Scammer Dodge - June 27, 2020
- SCARS™ Scam News: Another Scammer Kingpin Arrested In India - June 27, 2020
- SCARS™ Urban Legends: Do Something Useful With Their Lives! - June 27, 2020
- SCARS™ Scam News: Major Nigerian Scammer Cartel Shutdown In Dubai [UPDATED] - June 26, 2020