From time to time we will review dating websites for Scammer Activity.
MEDIUM Risk Website
Cupid.com, from our own observations appears to have a medium to low percentage of Scammers from Africa and Eastern Europe. They make up the minority of new profiles on their website from what we have seen, but they are still there. We have also observed that they also make it very difficult to notify them of a found scammer. In fact,we could not find a way to notify them, only a “block” button, which leaves the scammer to go after others. The only mechanism appears to be their general “Contact Us” page. In actuality, because it is a small number, in comparison to sites like POF or Confiro or Badoo, it makes the scammers that are there more powerful, since you don’t expect them. It is for these reasons that we feel they are a MEDIUM Risk – though they could rate a lower risk if they gave the power to their member to report scammers much more easily.
The scammers engage in messages, since most of their activity involves creating “Trial” memberships, so in the trial period they can contact you freely and try to get you onto yahoo messenger or email quickly.
Latest posts by SCARS™ Editorial Team (see all)
- U.S. FTC MoneyGram Refund Program Opens To Take Claims - June 10, 2021
- Future Faking – Future Planning As A Manipulation Tactic Of Scammers - June 10, 2021
- Recognize Counterfeit U.S. Money - June 8, 2021
- Hotel & Hospitality Scams - June 8, 2021
- Victims As Activists & Why Many Scam Victims Should Delay Or Not Become One - June 8, 2021