Scam FAQ: How To Avoid Bogus Employment/Business Opportunities
- Be wary of inflated claims of product effectiveness.
- Be cautious of exaggerated claims of possible earnings or profits.
- Beware when money is required up front for instructions or products.
- Be leery when the job posting claims “no experience necessary”.
- Do not give your social security number when first interacting with your prospective employer.
- Be cautious when dealing with individuals outside of your own country.
- Be wary when replying to unsolicited emails for work-at-home employment.
- Research the company to ensure they are authentic.
- Contact the Better Business Bureau to determine the legitimacy of the company.