Scam FAQ: How To Avoid Escrow Services Fraud
- Always type in the website address yourself rather than clicking on a link provided.
- A legitimate website will be unique and will not duplicate the work of other companies.
- Be cautious when a site requests payment to an “agent”, instead of a corporate entity.
- Be leery of escrow sites that only accept wire transfers or e-currency.
- Be watchful of spelling errors, grammar problems, or inconsistent information.
- Beware of sites that have escrow fees that are unreasonably low.