Updated on by
SCARS|RSN™ Anti-Scam FAQ: What Is A Swatting Call
A “Swatting Call” is where someone calls the local police emergency number (911) and reports a violent crime either at your home or office.
The caller might claim that there are multiple people dead or that there is a bomb, or some other obvious reason for the police to show up in force – send their SWAT Teams in. Typically, when the police arrive they are not very careful about damage and the trauma on the recipients can be significant, especially if this is in the middle of the night.
The objective of the scam call is to include trauma, embarrassment, and destruction from the fake call on whoever is the target.
Latest posts by SCARS Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS|RSN™ Psychology Of Scams: Why Keeping Your Scam Secret Harms You And Everyone Else! - November 27, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Scam Warning: Chinese Blessing Scams 騙局警告：中國祝福騙局 - November 26, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Victim’s Stories: Australian Scammer’s Mule Grandmother Who Faced Death By Hanging In Malaysia Has Had Her Conviction Overturned - November 26, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Special Report: Does Being A Scam Victim Affect Your Credit Score? - November 25, 2019
- SCARS Launches New Scammer Photo Website: ScamsOnline.org - November 24, 2019