Updated on by
SCARS|RSN™ Anti-Scam FAQ: What Is A Swatting Call
A “Swatting Call” is where someone calls the local police emergency number (911) and reports a violent crime either at your home or office.
The caller might claim that there are multiple people dead or that there is a bomb, or some other obvious reason for the police to show up in force – send their SWAT Teams in. Typically, when the police arrive they are not very careful about damage and the trauma on the recipients can be significant, especially if this is in the middle of the night.
The objective of the scam call is to include trauma, embarrassment, and destruction from the fake call on whoever is the target.
Latest posts by SCARS|RSN Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS|RSN™ Insight: Facebook 1 Billion Fake Profiles [Infographic] - August 17, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Insight: Romance Scam As Internet Infidelity - August 14, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Psychology Of Scams: Hate As A Coping Mechanism - August 10, 2019
- Una Guía Sobre Estafas De SCARS|RSN™ - August 9, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Special Report: Fake Pages – Trojan Pages - August 8, 2019