Updated on by
SCARS|RSN™ Anti-Scam FAQ: What Is A Swatting Call
A “Swatting Call” is where someone calls the local police emergency number (911) and reports a violent crime either at your home or office.
The caller might claim that there are multiple people dead or that there is a bomb, or some other obvious reason for the police to show up in force – send their SWAT Teams in. Typically, when the police arrive they are not very careful about damage and the trauma on the recipients can be significant, especially if this is in the middle of the night.
The objective of the scam call is to include trauma, embarrassment, and destruction from the fake call on whoever is the target.
Latest posts by SCARS|RSN Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS|RSN™ Psychology Of Scams: Humor As A Tool In Scam Victim Recovery - July 21, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Psychology Of Scams: Equivocation – The Magician’s Choice – The Arts Of Manipulation - July 16, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Advocacy: Local Law Enforcement Everywhere Needs Cybercrime Specialists On Staff – Help Stop Scams - July 15, 2019
- Lana Rhoades: Have You Seen Her? Another Stolen Face / Stolen Identity - July 15, 2019
- Rachel Starr – Have You Seen Her? Another Stolen Face / Stolen Identity - July 15, 2019