Updated on by
SCARS™ Anti-Scam FAQ: What Is A Swatting Call
A “Swatting Call” is where someone calls the local police emergency number (911) and reports a violent crime either at your home or office.
The caller might claim that there are multiple people dead or that there is a bomb, or some other obvious reason for the police to show up in force – send their SWAT Teams in. Typically, when the police arrive they are not very careful about damage and the trauma on the recipients can be significant, especially if this is in the middle of the night.
The objective of the scam call is to include trauma, embarrassment, and destruction from the fake call on whoever is the target.
What SCARS|RSN Visitors Were Looking For
Latest posts by SCARS|EDUCATION™ Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS™ Scam Warning: U.S. Stimulus Check Scams - March 28, 2020
- SCARS™ Special Report: How Criminals Are Profiting From The Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic - March 27, 2020
- SCARS™ CAUTION: Fake Surveys Of Scam Victims - March 24, 2020
- SCARS™ Commentary: A Thought Before The Darkness Closes In - March 23, 2020
- SCARS™ CORONAVIRUS GOVERNMENT ACTION GUIDE: Serving To Protect - March 23, 2020