Scam FAQ: How To Avoid Debt Elimination Fraud
- Know who you are doing business with — do your research.
- Obtain the name, address, and telephone number of the individual or company.
- Research the individual or company to ensure they are authentic.
- Contact the Better Business Bureau to determine the legitimacy of the company.
- Be cautious when dealing with individuals outside of your own country.
- Ensure you understand all the terms and conditions of any agreement.
- Be wary of businesses that operate from P.O. boxes or mail drops.
- Ask for names of other customers of the individual or company and contact them.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.