Report to your local police The Local Police is your first responder in most countries. In most English-speaking countries and in Europe report to them first. In other countries look for your national cybercrime police units to report scams to. In the U.S., Canada, & Australia, you must report to the local police first. or national police cybercrime Cybercrime is a crime related to technology, computers, and the Internet. Typical cybercrime are performed by a computer against a computer, or by a hacker using software to attack computers or networks. unit first since they are your First Responder. After that, you should report to Anyscam.com & the U.S. FTC (they forward to the FBI FBI - Federal Bureau of Investigation
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is the domestic intelligence and security service of the United States and its principal federal law enforcement agency. Operating under the jurisdiction of the United States Department of Justice, the FBI is also a member of the U.S. Intelligence Community and reports to both the Attorney General and the Director of National Intelligence. A leading U.S. counter-terrorism, counterintelligence, and criminal investigative organization, the FBI has jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crimes, including financial fraud.)
Before filling in your report remember three things:
- Every REPORT MATTERS – even if it is not investigated!
- These are official crime reports and are governed by the laws of the country involved.
- Prepare your information in advance before reporting – view our Scam Victim’s Checklist here
Updates & Corrections
- Please tell us of any updates or errors in a comment below
- Also, tell us about entities we should add and how to find them online