Updated on by
Email Phishing Scam
SENT FROM EMAIL: [email protected]
Pretending to be from: [email protected]
SENT: Mon 5/18/2015 9:08 AM
SOURCE COUNTRY: Hong Kong, China
I am Mr. Oosthuizen of I M F Head Office.
Your email appeared among the beneficiaries, who will receive a part-payment of your contractual sum of 8. 5 Million US Dollars and has been approved already for months. You are requested to get back to me for more direction and instruction on how to receive your fund. However, we received an email from one Mrs. Virgie Brown who told us that she is your next of kin and that you died in a car accident last week. She has also submitted her account for us to transfer the fund to her. We want to hear from you before we can make the transfer to confirm if you are dead or not.
Please in confirmation that you are still alive, you are advised to reconfirm the below listed information to enable us facilitate an immediate payment for you.
1 Your f ull names
2 Your present contact a ddress.
3 Your t elephone & Fax numbers.
4 Your O ccupations/age/sex.
5 Your Private E mail Address.
Once again, I apologize to you on behalf of I M F (International Monetary Funds) for failure to pay your funds in time, which according to records in the system had been long overdue.
SUSPICIOUS / DANGEROUS ATTACHMENT: NONE
We also invite you to share your thoughts on our Facebook Community »
Latest posts by SCARS|RSN Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS|RSN™ Insight: Romance Scam As Internet Infidelity - August 14, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Psychology Of Scams: Hate As A Coping Mechanism - August 10, 2019
- Una Guía Sobre Estafas De SCARS|RSN™ - August 9, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Special Report: Fake Pages – Trojan Pages - August 8, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Visión: Advertencia Del FBI Sobre Estafadores Que Reclutan Mulas - August 7, 2019