Listen To This Article - A Short Ad Pays For This Service
Updated on by
SCARS™ SCAM NEWS: West Australian People Lost $10Million To Scams Last Year
MORE than 500 people in Western Australia lost a total of $10.7 million to scams last year – an increase of 32 per cent in 2017.
According to figures released by WA ScamNet, 569 people were duped by scams including investments, romance, and buying and selling online.
Organised criminals constantly changed their names and methods to keep ahead of warnings, Commissioner for Consumer Protection David Hillyard said on Tuesday.
Some swindlers are also increasing their threatening behaviour by making people believe they will be arrested or deported if they do not immediately pay a tax debt, often by purchasing iTunes or Google Play cards.
Click On The Title In The Content Box Below To View The Full Story
More than 500 people in Western Australia lost a total of $10.7 million to scams last year - an increase of 32 per cent in 2017.
A SCARS Division
Miami Florida U.S.A.
TAGS: Western Australia, Australia, Romance Scammers, Romance Scams, Love Scam, Dating Scam, False Identity, Fake Profile, Fake Soldier, Impersonation, African Scam, Ghana Scammer, Nigerian Scammer, Scammer Gallery, Fake Faces, Fake Female, Fake Men,
Tell us about your experiences with Romance Scammers in our Scams Discussion Forum on Facebook »
FAQ: How Do You Properly Report Scammers?
It is essential that law enforcement knows about scams & scammers, even though there is nothing (in most cases) that they can do.
Always report scams involving money lost or where you received money to:
- Local Police – ask them to take an “informational” police report – say you need it for your insurance
- Your National Police or FBI (www.IC3.gov)
- The Scars Worldwide Reporting Network HERE or on www.Anyscam.com
This helps your government understand the problem, and allows law enforcement to add scammers on watch lists worldwide.
Visit our NEW Main SCARS Facebook page for much more information about scams and online crime: www.facebook.com/SCARS.News.And.Information
To learn more about SCARS visit www.AgainstScams.org
Please be sure to report all scammers HERE or on www.Anyscam.com
All original content is Copyright © 1991 – 2020 SCARS All Rights Reserved Worldwide & Webwide – SCARS/Romance Scams Now & SCARS/Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams are all trademarks of Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Incorporated
Latest posts by SCARS™ Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS™ Scam Alert: New Scam Targeting Teens And Young Adults - July 3, 2020
- SCARS™ Anti-Scam Tip: Confrontation & The Scammer Dodge - June 27, 2020
- SCARS™ Scam News: Another Scammer Kingpin Arrested In India - June 27, 2020
- SCARS™ Urban Legends: Do Something Useful With Their Lives! - June 27, 2020
- SCARS™ Scam News: Major Nigerian Scammer Cartel Shutdown In Dubai [UPDATED] - June 26, 2020