NEWS: New Online Scam Combines Romance And Investment In ‘Really Twisted Scheme’
Fraudsters build trust, raise the idea of investment and ask for relatively small amounts of money
In the scam, a fictitious dating profile is created and the fraudster gradually woos the victim, building up trust, before coming up with an investment pitch and asking for money.
Click On The Title In The Content Box Below To View The Full Story
One of the key differences between this scam and previous similar ones is how suddenly the question of investment comes up and the relatively small amounts of money being requested, says the B.C. Securities Commission.
Latest posts by SCARS|RSN Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- Tax Scams In The UK Are Out Of Control – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 20, 2019
- Nigerian Scammer Arrested For Impersonation – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 20, 2019
- Yahoo Boy Jailed Four Months- SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 20, 2019
- Online Dating Scam Dupes Edmonton Man Out Of $143,000 – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 19, 2019
- Woman Was Scammed Out Of $140,000 By Man She Met On The Internet – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 19, 2019