NEWS: New Online Scam Combines Romance And Investment In ‘Really Twisted Scheme’
Fraudsters build trust, raise the idea of investment and ask for relatively small amounts of money
In the scam, a fictitious dating profile is created and the fraudster gradually woos the victim, building up trust, before coming up with an investment pitch and asking for money.
Click On The Title In The Content Box Below To View The Full Story
One of the key differences between this scam and previous similar ones is how suddenly the question of investment comes up and the relatively small amounts of money being requested, says the B.C. Securities Commission.
Latest posts by SCARS|RSN Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS|RSN™ Knowledge: What Is Our Job? - May 25, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Scam Basics: Who’s Job Is It? - May 24, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Psychology Of Scams: Victim Response To Fear Is Anger! - May 24, 2019
- Real Male Scammers of West Africa Gallery #51100 – SCARS|RSN™ Faces Of Evil - May 24, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Scammer Gallery: Collection Of Latest Stolen Male/Men Photos #51280 - May 24, 2019