Updated on by[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
A New Romance Scams Survey
RomanceScamsNow.com has completed a new survey of scammer victims and others through its website www.RomanceScamsNow.com. The survey ran from February 1 to February 7, 2016, and included over 1,000 responses from site visitors. Site visitors that participated in the survey were asked five basic questions:
- Have you been a victim of a romance scam?
- Have you sent money to a romance scammer?
- Have you filed a formal police report of the scam?
- Are you willing to pay an investigator to identify the scammer even if it cost just US$100.00?
- Are you willing to help support anti-scam websites like this one?
Survey Results[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_pie value=”74″ label_value=”Are Victims” color=”pink” title=”Have You Been A Victim? 74% Yes”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_pie value=”54″ label_value=”Sent Money” color=”green” title=”Sent Money To A Scammer? 54%”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_pie value=”17″ label_value=”Filed Report” color=”sky” title=”Files Formal Reports? 17% Yes”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_pie value=”2″ label_value=”Pay Investigator” color=”purple” title=”Willing To Pay An Investigator $100 2% Yes”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_pie value=”1″ label_value=”Support Sites” color=”sandy-brown” title=”Willing To Support Anti-scam Website. 1% Yes”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text css_animation=”top-to-bottom”]
It is clearly a unique situation where victims are so unwilling to do anything active to help control the level of crime in this case, and so unwilling to spend as little at $5 after they have lost $1000s.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
Latest posts by SCARS|EDUCATION™ Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS™ Scam Warning: U.S. Stimulus Check Scams - March 28, 2020
- SCARS™ Special Report: How Criminals Are Profiting From The Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic - March 27, 2020
- SCARS™ CAUTION: Fake Surveys Of Scam Victims - March 24, 2020
- SCARS™ Commentary: A Thought Before The Darkness Closes In - March 23, 2020
- SCARS™ CORONAVIRUS GOVERNMENT ACTION GUIDE: Serving To Protect - March 23, 2020