Listen To This Article - A Short Ad Pays For This Service
Updated on by
SCARS™ SCAM NEWS: Man Warning Internet Daters After ‘Sextortion’ Scam
Damien Pate started to panic when the love interest he met online turned out to be part of a scam.
“I could end up in jail,” Pate said. “I could lose my job. My heart started beating really fast. I didn’t know how to react.”
Last Monday, the 28-year-old was on the dating site Adam4Adam when he got a message from a man named “Chad” who claimed to be 21 years old.
“He told me he just moved here from South Carolina,” Pate said.
They chatted back and forth then exchanged phone numbers and nude photos. The next day, Pate got an angry text from someone claiming to be Chad’s father, saying Chad was only 16.
“He was gonna press charges unless I went to Walgreens and bought two Green Dot money cards and put $300 on each of them,” Pate said.
Embarrassed and afraid to go to jail if he didn’t pay the $600, Pate called the police.
“They explained to me that it was a scam,” he said. “Not to send any money.”
Click On The Title In The Content Box Below To View The Full Story
A SCARS Division
Miami Florida U.S.A.
TAGS: Sextortion Scam, Blackmail Scam, Fake Female, Stolen Identities, Extortion Scam, Demands Money, Compromising Photos, Compromising Video,
Tell us about your experiences with Romance Scammers in our Scams Discussion Forum on Facebook »
FAQ: How Do You Properly Report Scammers?
It is essential that law enforcement knows about scams & scammers, even though there is nothing (in most cases) that they can do.
Always report scams involving money lost or where you received money to:
- Local Police – ask them to take an “informational” police report – say you need it for your insurance
- Your National Police or FBI (www.IC3.gov)
- The Scars Worldwide Reporting Network HERE or on www.Anyscam.com
This helps your government understand the problem, and allows law enforcement to add scammers on watch lists worldwide.
Visit our NEW Main SCARS Facebook page for much more information about scams and online crime: www.facebook.com/SCARS.News.And.Information
To learn more about SCARS visit www.AgainstScams.org
Please be sure to report all scammers HERE or on www.Anyscam.com
All original content is Copyright © 1991 – 2020 SCARS All Rights Reserved Worldwide & Webwide – SCARS/Romance Scams Now & SCARS/Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams are all trademarks of Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Incorporated
Latest posts by SCARS™ Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS™ Scam Alert: New Scam Targeting Teens And Young Adults - July 3, 2020
- SCARS™ Anti-Scam Tip: Confrontation & The Scammer Dodge - June 27, 2020
- SCARS™ Scam News: Another Scammer Kingpin Arrested In India - June 27, 2020
- SCARS™ Urban Legends: Do Something Useful With Their Lives! - June 27, 2020
- SCARS™ Scam News: Major Nigerian Scammer Cartel Shutdown In Dubai [UPDATED] - June 26, 2020