Updated on by
SCAMMERS PRETENDING TO BE FBI AGENTS
One of the new techniques that scammers are trying now is to pretend to be FBI agents after you admit that you know their scam!
They do this in a number of ways, all are relatively stupid, because they really have no idea what they are doing, but as the saying goes, there is one born every minute.
IF YOU HAVE SOMEONE PRETENDING TO BE AN FBI AGENT …
Get every detail you can. Nothing angers the FBI more than scammers impersonating them. It you can give them real details, they will act!
Ask the “Agent” for the following:
- Their full name – if verbally, ask them to spell it
- What type of agent are they? (Yes there are different types)
- What is their badge number – it will be amusing
- Ask them to send you a photo of their ID (please share these with us).
- If they say they are currently in Africa, ask them why and where they are assigned.
- Ask for their contact information, phone and email.
If they refuse any of these, or say they are working undercover – they are a fraud.
You will need this for the FBI to go after them!
HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY ARE A FAKER AGENT?
It is simple, call the FBI!
If you live in the U.S. call you local office – they have one in every major city. Look it up online. Call and ask them to confirm the identity of “Agent-X” They will or they will say they have no agent by that name in that location. You can report right then on the phone that you were contacted by a scammer pretending to be an agent.
If you need it, here is the FBI’s contact information: https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us
IF THEY SAY THEY ARE ATTACHED TO A LOCAL EMBASSY
Simply contact the embassy and ask them using their official contact information.
You can find the contact information for every U.S. Embassy around the world here: http://www.usembassy.gov/
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT!
This also works for the Canadian RCMP and Interpol. Collect the same info, and contact them, either through their offices or local embassies.
Canada Royal Canadian Mounted Police: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cont/index-eng.htm
Canadian Embassies: http://travel.gc.ca/assistance/embassies-consulates
Australian Federal Police: http://www.afp.gov.au/contact[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]
What SCARS|RSN Visitors Were Looking For
- flake fbi scammers (1)
- scammer pretending to be fbi (1)
- would the FBI ever ask someone thatbwas scammed by someone in Ghana ever ask a citizen to give money to help apprehend the scammer (1)
Latest posts by SCARS|RSN Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS|RSN™ Scam Basics: Reporting To The Local Police - May 19, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Insight: The Importance of the Police Report - May 19, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Victim Recovery Book Club: Recommended Book – The White Knight Syndrome: Rescuing Yourself from Your Need to Rescue Others - May 19, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Support: Open Letter To A Victim In Pain - May 19, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Guide: Confronting Scammers & The Guilt or Flip Scam - May 19, 2019