Listen To This Article - A Short Ad Pays For This Service
Updated on by
SCARS™ SCAM NEWS: Exposed! The Sick Internet Scam Profiting From Dublin Model’s Tragic Death
Click On The Title In The Content Box Below To View The Full Story
A thief masqueraded as the close friend of a tragic model to trick the public into giving funeral donations. The fraudster set up a €10,000 online appeal following the death of mother of-four Alli MacDonnell, who was just 37. But her grieving best friend Lisa Burgess, whose name was misused by the cheats, has told Extra.ie: 'It's sick beyond belief.' Someone stole her identity after she spoke publicly about how much she loved Ms Mac-Donnell and would miss her. Ms Burgess, a long-time friend of Ms MacDonnell, learned of the bogus fundraiser through Facebook and wants no-one to fall victim
A SCARS Division
Miami Florida U.S.A.
TAGS: Scams, Scammers, Online Fruad, Alli MacDonnell, funeral donations, Mother, Funeral Scam, Ireland,
Tell us about your experiences with Romance Scammers in our Scams Discussion Forum on Facebook »
FAQ: How Do You Properly Report Scammers?
It is essential that law enforcement knows about scams & scammers, even though there is nothing (in most cases) that they can do.
Always report scams involving money lost or where you received money to:
- Local Police – ask them to take an “informational” police report – say you need it for your insurance
- Your National Police or FBI (www.IC3.gov)
- The Scars Worldwide Reporting Network HERE or on www.Anyscam.com
This helps your government understand the problem, and allows law enforcement to add scammers on watch lists worldwide.
Visit our NEW Main SCARS Facebook page for much more information about scams and online crime: www.facebook.com/SCARS.News.And.Information
To learn more about SCARS visit www.AgainstScams.org
Please be sure to report all scammers HERE or on www.Anyscam.com
All original content is Copyright © 1991 – 2020 SCARS All Rights Reserved Worldwide & Webwide – SCARS/Romance Scams Now & SCARS/Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams are all trademarks of Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Incorporated
Latest posts by SCARS™ Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS™ Anti-Scam Training Course: Scammer Fake Passport Recognition - July 16, 2020
- SCARS™ Insight: Cybercrime – It’s Worse Than We Thought – 2020 - July 16, 2020
- SCARS™ Special Report: A Victim’s Story Of Imprisonment By A Scammer In Nigeria - July 13, 2020
- SCARS™ Scam Alert: New Scam Targeting Teens And Young Adults - July 3, 2020
- SCARS™ Anti-Scam Tip: Confrontation & The Scammer Dodge - June 27, 2020