Updated on by
SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS: Don’t Be Fooled By Spoofed Celebrities And Brands
Ever had a celebrity like your post, reply to you publicly, or even direct message you? Yep, it can be a thrilling experience knowing that an actual star took time off from their busy schedules just to reach out you.
And with the spread and popularity of social media, communicating your thoughts to any brand or personality is easier than ever. It’s like having a direct line to the stars!
But as usual, crooks are exploiting this convenience to find their next victims.
Don’t be fooled! Read on and learn all about the recent trend of celebrity and brand impersonating scams that are plaguing the internet.
Click On The Title In The Content Box Below To View The Full Story
If you have ever used social media to reach out to a celebrity or a brand, you know the feeling of elation when they respond to you. Well, as with everything else online, crooks are using this to their benefit by tricking people into believing the…
A SCARS Division
Miami Florida U.S.A.
TAGS: Spoofed Celebrities, Spoofed Brands, Impersonation Scams, Fake Brands, Fake Celebrities, Imposters, Fake Identities, Phishing Scams,
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – END – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Tell us about your experiences with Romance Scammers in our Scams Discussion Forum on Facebook »
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
FAQ: How Do You Properly Report Scammers?
It is essential that law enforcement knows about scams & scammers, even though there is nothing (in most cases) that they can do.
Always report scams involving money lost or where you received money to:
- Local Police – ask them to take an “informational” police report – say you need it for your insurance
- Your National Police or FBI (www.IC3.gov)
- The Scars Worldwide Reporting Network HERE or on www.Anyscam.com
This helps your government understand the problem, and allows law enforcement to add scammers on watch lists worldwide.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – — – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Visit our NEW Main SCARS|RSN Facebook page for much more information about scams and online crime: www.facebook.com/RSN.Main.News.And.Information.Home.Page
To learn more about SCARS visit www.AgainstScams.org
Please be sure to report all scammers HERE or on www.Anyscam.com
All original content is Copyright © 1991 – 2019 SCARS All Rights Reserved Worldwide & Webwide – SCARS|RSN/Romance Scams Now & SCARS/Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams are all trademarks of Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Incorporated
Latest posts by SCARS|RSN Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS|RSN™ Advocacy: Local Law Enforcement Everywhere Needs Cybercrime Specialists On Staff – Help Stop Scams - July 15, 2019
- Lana Rhoades: Have You Seen Her? Another Stolen Face / Stolen Identity - July 15, 2019
- Rachel Starr – Have You Seen Her? Another Stolen Face / Stolen Identity - July 15, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Guide: Confirming Recorded Videos In Skype & Video Chats - July 13, 2019
- SCARS|RSN™ Special Report: Complaints about Government Imposter Scams Reach Record High, According to New FTC Data [Infographic] - July 12, 2019