Listen To This Article - A Short Ad Pays For This Service
SCARS™ SCAM NEWS: British Banks Learning How To Prevent Money Transfer Scams
Sussex Police Teams Up With Banks For Rapid Response Scheme To Prevent Scams
Statistics for 2018 reveal that a rapid response scheme by banks and police prevented 353 potential victims in Sussex from being defrauded out of £2million.
The banking protocol trains bank staff to detect when someone is about to fall victim to a scam and try to prevent them from withdrawing cash to give to a fraudster, after which they can request an immediate police response to the branch.
This Is An Excellent Mode For The World To Follow!
Click On The Title In The Content Box Below To View The Full Story
Those of you who remember the presentation by NatWest representatives at the Adur & Worthing Neighbourhood Watch annual general meeting in October last year will know that the police and the banks are working in tandem to thwart attempts at scamming – and it looks as though that partnership is succeeding.
A SCARS Division
Miami Florida U.S.A.
TAGS: Money Transfer, Western Union, MoneyGram, Banks, Wire Transfer, Money Scams, U.K., United Kingdom, British Banks, Avoiding Scams,
Tell us about your experiences with Romance Scammers in our Scams Discussion Forum on Facebook »
FAQ: How Do You Properly Report Scammers?
It is essential that law enforcement knows about scams & scammers, even though there is nothing (in most cases) that they can do.
Always report scams involving money lost or where you received money to:
- Local Police – ask them to take an “informational” police report – say you need it for your insurance
- Your National Police or FBI (www.IC3.gov)
- The Scars Worldwide Reporting Network HERE or on www.Anyscam.com
This helps your government understand the problem, and allows law enforcement to add scammers on watch lists worldwide.
Visit our NEW Main SCARS Facebook page for much more information about scams and online crime: www.facebook.com/SCARS.News.And.Information
To learn more about SCARS visit www.AgainstScams.org
Please be sure to report all scammers HERE or on www.Anyscam.com
All original content is Copyright © 1991 – 2020 SCARS All Rights Reserved Worldwide & Webwide – SCARS/Romance Scams Now & SCARS/Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams are all trademarks of Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Incorporated
Latest posts by SCARS™ Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS™ Cyber Cold War: Nation-State Hacking From Russia - September 17, 2020
- SCARS™ Special Report: From Pain to Power – Crime Victims Take Action - September 15, 2020
- SCARS™ Online Safety: Identifying Hoaxes and Urban Legends - September 14, 2020
- Ann Angel: Have You Seen Her? Another Stolen Face / Stolen Identity - September 12, 2020
- Yuliana Avalos: Have You Seen Her? Another Stolen Face / Stolen Identity - September 11, 2020