Warn Your Daughters Against Dating ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Senior Policeman Tells Parents
An Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP Abayomi Shogunle, has warned parents against allowing their daughters to date internet fraudsters infamously called ‘Yahoo Boys’.
The senior policeman said girlfriends of internet fraudsters inadvertently get caught up in the violence and charms associated with their boyfriends’ “illicit venture”, hence the warning.
Shogunle, who is the Head of the Police Complaints Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU), made this known in a tweet on Friday morning.
He further urged the parents of daughters already married to yahoo boys to prevail on their sons-in-law to go into legitimate ventures to avoid hearing “bad news”.
Latest posts by SCARS|RSN Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- Psychology Of Scams: When Should A Scam Victim Feel Ashamed? – SCARS|RSN™ - February 15, 2019
- Banks Around The World Are Making An Effort To Stop Scam Money Transfers – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - February 15, 2019
- When Love Becomes A Nightmare – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - February 14, 2019
- [Video] This Valentine’s Day May You Find a Real Relationship, Not an Online “Romance Scam” – SCARS|RSN™ A Victim’s Story - February 14, 2019
- Best Valentine’s Card Verses – a SCARS|RSN™ Insight [Infographic] - February 14, 2019