Scammer Website Steals From Us!
Recently we saw that a website called ScammersOff.com had undergone a massive transformation.
In the process of that transformation, they stole a large number of pages from our website! It was clear to us that the purpose of the new version of the website was to interfere with anti-scammer websites (such as ours), by harming our Google Index Ranking, and to pull in as many victims as possible. Unfortunately, they are not adding any new scammer information.
They included our pages, and content from other anti-scam websites, with minimal modifications. However, the overall effect was very little useful information. In fact, the language used and the design led us to the conclusion that this was both unlawful because of the criminal copyright violation, and may even be a “honey pot” to lure victims.
We had the site removed by the hosting company for violation of their terms and conditions (namely copyright theft), and we have filed charges against the site operator in the U.S. – the site operator is listed as in Italy. Unfortunately, it popped up again under the same domain name, but now hosted by Google as a “Blogger” website (under ScammersOff.blogspot.com).
Once again, we are fighting the battle to have it removed.
Thank you to our visitors who reported their new version – still with exact copies of our content.
Here is the name and contact information of the copyright thief:
Latest posts by SCARS|RSN Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- Dr. Fernando Gomes Pinto: Do You Know Him? Another Stolen Face / Stolen Identity - February 22, 2019
- Lt. General Patricia D. Horoho: Have You Seen Her? Another Stolen Face / Stolen Identity - February 22, 2019
- The Great Privacy Awakening – SCARS|RSN™ Cybersecurity News - February 21, 2019
- Americans in These States Are Most Likely to be Catfishing Victims – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - February 21, 2019
- 21 Online Scams You May Not Know About [Infographic] – SCARS|RSN™ Insight - February 21, 2019