NEWS: New York Scammer Charged
New York rapper is the latest to be charged for ‘card cracking’ scheme
The New York rapper Young Ash was indicted in Manhattan court this week for her role in a scheme in which she allegedly recruited people on social media to let fraudsters deposit $50,000 in counterfeit checks into their bank accounts.
The 22-year-old musician, whose birth name is Ashley Bautista, allegedly worked with Gabriel Molina, an Upper West Side apartment building concierge who took surreptitious photos of tenant rent checks to grab information to create the bogus checks. Others, including someone identified only as “JD Glasses,” are accused of meeting with recruited participants to pick up their ATM cards, deposit the forged checks into their accounts and withdraw the funds. The scheme allegedly netted the defendants $62,000.
Latest posts by SCARS|RSN Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- SCARS|RSN™ Scam News: Scammer And Islamic Cleric Arrested With Human Body Parts In Lagos Nigeria - December 12, 2018
- Stolen Face / Stolen Identity – Chinese QQ Girls: Have You Seen Them? - December 12, 2018
- SCARS|RSN™ Scam News: 22 More Yahoo Yahoo Boys Jailed In Edo Nigeria - December 12, 2018
- SCARS|RSN™ Scam News: American Romance Scammers Arrested - December 12, 2018
- SCARS|RSN™ Scam News: Four Liberians & 30 Koreans Arrested For Online Romance Scam US$1.15 million - December 12, 2018