NEWS: New York Scammer Charged
New York rapper is the latest to be charged for ‘card cracking’ scheme
The New York rapper Young Ash was indicted in Manhattan court this week for her role in a scheme in which she allegedly recruited people on social media to let fraudsters deposit $50,000 in counterfeit checks into their bank accounts.
The 22-year-old musician, whose birth name is Ashley Bautista, allegedly worked with Gabriel Molina, an Upper West Side apartment building concierge who took surreptitious photos of tenant rent checks to grab information to create the bogus checks. Others, including someone identified only as “JD Glasses,” are accused of meeting with recruited participants to pick up their ATM cards, deposit the forged checks into their accounts and withdraw the funds. The scheme allegedly netted the defendants $62,000.
Latest posts by Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- RSN™ SCAM NEWS: Ghana Sakawa Boy Throws Money Away - October 15, 2018
- RSN™ SCAM NEWS: ‘Money Ritual Snake’ Strangles Sakawa Boy Scammer To Death In Ghana - October 15, 2018
- ONLINE SAFETY: It’s Everyone’s Job To Ensure Online Safety At Work - October 15, 2018
- RSN™ SCAM NEWS: Danish Man Goes To West Africa To Arrest ‘Yahoo’ Boys Who Duped Him Of 15,000 Euros - October 15, 2018
- RSN™ SCAM NEWS: Yahoo Boys Who Kill And Harvest Human Body Parts - October 14, 2018